What is everyone playing?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Silfeed, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Silfeed

Silfeed I need me some PIE!

Just wondering if everyone could post the decks they are playing. I love playing “under dog” themes so I’ve been doing mogas, slags, and hyaenids/djinns. I really want to make mogas work for me but I’m missing something. I’ve watched Neil play a few games with them and held his own against most. Saw him beat a UD deck with it, twice. I was trying to steer away from the X2 Harpoon X2 Moga Trapper thing but I play aggressively so it’s fitting.
    pox 1.PNG

I already have a post about my slag deck so not too much has changed on that end. The last deck I play is the Hyaenid/Djinn deck. It did much better than I thought and it allowed me to use one of my favorite runes again, Peaks Dao. Very tanky, can dish out good damage, but my weakness was range. Melee wise, I can stand my ground. There's an emerald still in this deck but it will be traded out for either Whispers of the Mind or Havocs touch.

pox 2.PNG

So these are the few decks I play when going SP. They are fun and usually keeps my opponent guessing.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  2. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

This is my moga BG one of my favorites. Cultural Contamination is busted lol still need to add a razor tho

Attached Files:

Silfeed and SPiEkY like this.
  3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

When running SP, I tend to start with...

2x Storm bunnies
    2x peaks ifrit
    2x armoured fesh

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it...

4. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Interesting choices, here's what I play for those themes:

MogaGhern.png
    I don't really know how to describe what it is I went for with Moga, something along the lines of "targeting down" one enemy champion at a time.

Laughing Mountains.png
    With Hyaenid, it took me a while to figure what I wanted them to do. I eventually settled mostly on Debuffing the enemy, and punishing them for rushing. So in a way, similar to Witches in FW. I find it funny that you had trouble with ranged power, because I usually have the opposite trouble, Hyaenid melee feels outdone by its ranged champons. I also don't go for the full Djinn set, since I feel like Dew and Dao... Kinda suck. Ifrit and Peaks are just plain good. I also prefer 2x Feshwranglers over 2x Bulwarks. This is because, while the Bulwarks are amazing tanks, I like using the Feshwranglers in combo with the Instigators.

Silfeed likes this.
  5. Silfeed

Maybe I'm focusing too much on melee champs then. In a full pure Nid deck, I agree with range outshinning melee. The Dew and Dao are in cause I like them but I will be taking a dew out. I feel Dao pays for himself, defense wise.

Also, as Sp, it's ok to have 18 champs in deck other than mogas? I've always stuck with 15-16. If more is playing to our factions strength, I will definately add more.

6. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

This is currently what I am playing for Voil as well. And yes harpoon is that good. Lol

Attached Files:

7. SireofSuns

It depends on how you want to play your deck. I like the horde style so I use more champions when playing SP. SP also has plenty of interesting champions that can take the place of non-champ runes, so I often will play a champion that has a needed ability over a spell/relic/equip that would do the same. It looks scary for the opponent and it actually helps.

8. SireofSuns

2x Harpoon and 2x Havoc? That seems like overkill.

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-1-2_23-10-38.png
    just using a bunch of mechanics that work decently together. The healing nerfs to SP hurt me so have been trying out Cultist for healing with Mika. Riftlord is getting pretty expensive, but he dose tank well enough, gives me magic damage, free meat and DMZ, so I still use him. Flame fist is questionable to me, but he usually is good for 2 gibs. (Fire wall with knock-back stuff)

I use limit because "how come you did not spend any nora last turn" or it can be the cherry on top of a power turn.

I am interested in voil and nids but lack the runes. (SP is not my main, but still one of my top 3 favorites.) Considering going full electric bg as well. Spark crone is kinda ridiculous to me.

Shallaxy the Courier is not that bad right now nora price wise.

the defending aura nerf is messing with my sonic ele love slightly.

blue belly is pretty important to this bg.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

why the Firk is pilfer Amory randomly banned from rank?

first cleaning emerald, now this. i am done.

11. Silfeed

It's bugged to where when it activates, all of your champs are equipped instead of just 1.

Seeing your deck reminded me about my last sp deck.
    slag.PNG
    Most people are caught off guard with slags cause it's not used as much. I think the only other person I seen use it regularly was ThePoxOG. It's a good deck. Bunch of kb usually does the trick. Caustic slag is just....wow.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Gotta change out that emerald @Silfeed :)

Silfeed likes this.
  13. Silfeed

Thanks. I created so many decks that I"m pretty sure emerald is still in most.