what is OP right now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by badgerale, Sep 2, 2014.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

For all the complaining going on, there hasn't been a lot of feedback as to what runes and factions are over the top right now.

I obviously have my own ideas but it would be useful for the council members to get the general perception.

Heroes are a given. What else?

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

mucker ;D

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

OP in what terms, i've always thought the Dragon with 17 dam and acid bomb was scary op

Goyo likes this.
  4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Erratang.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

OP in the usual way it's used round here: overly powerful, too cost efficient, providing an unfair advantage.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Tbh, KF fact bonus is my answer.

Mercer Skye, Faust, Goyo and 4 others like this.
  7. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Voils are really strong. Stack regal presence and boost voil

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This thread. Bound to help.

9. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Kf faction, is ready, st arctic bonus (speed)
    (Speed is not an ability that has a flat increase to nora. So a champ with free 7/8 speed will perform better than a champ with 6 due to mapsize and threatrange.)

The refund on spike and hammerheart platemail, equips themselves might be problamatic

Collosal+ to many other defenses =supertank

Nokhun do - with sts hp and abilities to heal this ability eats alot of free attacks. I know it decreases threat power ,but man is it frustrating. this is the kind of ability that if it goes live on steam players will leave!

Hunter abilities (faction wide ones and unholy) are bad design, really scew a fight for minimal nora. Lower the percentages

Bastion the avenger + pummel spell =gib
    Reapers blade rapid attack = gib

In general the stackimg of things like scale armor 3def, tough three are just tp much, im not talking pure tanks like crawmangler but stuff like talgler.

Osidan and Goyo like this.
  10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

much like this post

Molosse, Xuvali, claydude5 and 6 others like this.
  11. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

FS Nora Advantage is too huge. Decrease it.
    FW Cooldown Reduction is too strong, they can easily swarm.
    ST Health + is just insanly huge. No need for it.

12. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Tbh ST bonus is not that big, if you compare it to something like SL bonus, which often blocks more than 10 dmg from attacks.

However I don't think ST units are designed around their bonus as much as SL units are.

Goyo likes this.
  13. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

KF has an absurd advantage towards almost any faction, from my own faction i can say lich king and skeletal lerper raise dmg very quickly and high with surge 2 skeleton, they are somewhat op.

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Math OP

15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

from top to bottom

Theme based OP
    - any theme that uses boost or similar effects to get champs significantly stronger then they were designed to be at that nora cost.
    - any theme that produces a significant amount of free meat.
    - heroes
    - is heroes( yes they deserve to be mentioned twice )
    - sp heroes( yes they deserve to be mentioned twice )
    - ghosts in general
    - anything that can hit 8 speed on turn 1

that about covers everything.

16. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

But both Lerper and LK are high cost, hell I can't even deploy a LK without deploying nothing on the previous turn, also Lerper is the pure definition of a glass cannon he can be easily one-rounded without effort. By the way I believe we need to consider FW is not a faction with several buffs stack such as battlemaster, defender, impervious etc to protect such units. Having high atk is powerful yeah but far from being OP.

As for the topic, meh, even on my low experience I have to agree that KF bonus/IS font/Arctic(ready) is really problematic to be up against.

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

When the Dagda is mad at the Pede, you know something is wrong.

Dagda likes this.
  18. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Faction bonuses are too big/strong generally. I'd like to see all of them removed/toned down and let the actual champions represent the faction (there would be compensations required of course). Font bonuses that give AP should be re-evaluated. I know this would require a rebalancing of champions, but so be it.
    Also, Avatars are way too strong. For something that is meant to be killed anyway. I know this isn't chess, but why can't they be more like chess' king? Able to hold their own, but not super strong. Most of them have big on-transfigure effects and/or synergy with the BG (KF Avatar with race tree anyone?).

The above kind of changes would let us play more against each other with our actual decks and less with our faction bonuses. As for what I think is OP/too strong/whatever when it comes to runes:
    • ST beasts (though beasts in general might need a look); particular issues: Tusk, the abundance of Beasts summons (Lonx Recruiter, Furbull Mother) with extra goodness thrown in, maybe Owl Raider;
    • Colossal Boa, Frostfall Vanguard (a case of Colossal with too much HP/regen/defense/defensive abilities);
    • probably Pit Dragon;
    • Haunting Grip, Ancestral Avenger (bear in mind this is coming from a mostly SL player);
    • Draksar Shifter, Mauler, Skywing Rumbler with Surge: Dragon 2;
    • I know, "aside from heroes", but heroes! From my encounters, it would especially be the IS and SP ones; also maybe the FS ones and Vindrax;
    • Zombies seem a bit over the top; not sure why exactly though;

19. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

That's a pretty ignorant response. Tell me more about how KF trees weren't reliant on autoattacks, skeezicks use a lot of damage abillities and beasts do not attack.

Grillado likes this.
  20. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I would agree with the kf faction bonus simply because of the map design. This also makes is and st font bonuses very powerful.

it isn't the extra threat range that makes these bonuses so strong, its simply the font capping capabilities. It would be easier to fix the maps to accommodate the bonus than the other way around

profhulk likes this.
  21. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh really?

Because to negate 10 damage you need 50hp on your SL champ (20%), which some units have. But these don't factor in any damage/loss of life other than attacks or abilities coded as one. There's a plethora of damage sources out there that bypass it (no I don't have IS syndrome), sure SL bonus is great, but ST bonus is almost strictly superior. The only case you could make for SL bonus being stronger is the fact that it makes people screw up math because they are bad, and let your stuff live.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014