what is really good with current state of game :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Jan 20, 2019.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

As we know its not likely to be some "nerf" update any time soon... it means to build a BGnow and especially to build a trick BG, or to find some nice trick OP combo :) somehow for first time for years it really pays off to spend time finding that special special trick :)

By the way, I saw TinyDragon is back too :)

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The more I play, the more I realize nothing is very good about it other than it's large collection of cards, and the many different themes.

1) The game is poorly balanced
    2) The game is too expensive
    3) It's buggy, text is buggy, ui is buggy, moving is buggy, attacking is buggy, ending turn is buggy every now and then.
    4) Relics contest fonts
    5) Too many gimmicky abilities, not any options to play against full faction bgs, too many splits that are just unfun to play against.
    6) FW
    7) Never been a game won by skill or tactics, but a game that rewards broken runes and broken combos.
    8) Trading is bad, I could probably list 4 or 5 numbers for this. Luckily the forge system was created, sadly nobody thought to put in a mass forge option, or it was intentionally forgotten to force people to forge one at a time.
    9) Maps are poorly balanced, deep dive ftw, you know who you are.
    10) First turn is overpowered on most maps, turn 3 they grab their font, turn 5 most of the time they are contesting your font, this is worst on maps with only 1 font each.
    11) Damage is too high now, defensive abilities are a joke, and one rounding champs and gimmicky spells seem to be at an all time high.
    12) Certain factions were favored throughout the balancing, this is why St still remains top tier and always seemed to get the newest and coolest abilities.
    13) Nail in the coffin, a focus on console players, looking at any top chart for video games would tell you that very few card strategy games do well on console, and then theirs pox who only fits it's own brand of gamer's.
    14) Global spells, abilities, relics, equips anything global. Again, mostly fw.
    15) My biggest gripe, will probably always be splits, I understand the need for poxnora not to split up the player base in ranked, however they might have retained more players had they not forced new players to play against bgs like stitched, ep, lock down decks, aspect of oblivion shenanigans etc.

Honestly it was a great game, ran into the ground by the inability of the silly veterans to welcome and invite all the new players, and the inability for the devs to acknowledge they should have been putting money aside for a long time for an eventual pox 2 and their inability to keep players interested. Bane Shift advertising, when all you had to do was pay any prominent you tuber to make a video showcasing pox, or making their own video of the game. Adapt or die, it is that simple in the video game industry, can't keep the hamster wheel running forever.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019