What is the point of giving the Damage Shields to those ranged champions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghklf, May 21, 2015.

1. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

LOL

I never said I was attempting to make everything competitive and I never said I was trying to balance everything to the same level.

I have no idea how u drew such a conclusion and why u mentioned it.

This is just a post about the issue of DMG shield on ranged champion.

It has little to do with lastest expansion.

2. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

This started out a reasonable thread and has been derailed by you when you refuse to acknowledge anyone's opinions that thinks there might be a reason to have a damage shield on a ranged champ. If you don't like the answers don't ask the question.

On a slightly different note, if you'll look at the ranged champs that damage shield is on, most of them have a minimum range of 2 or 3. It's not outside the realm of possibility for those champs to get attacked by melee so a damage shield will still do it's job. Even if your opponent chooses to not attack with melee, they are choosing to spend their AP differently than they might if the damage shield wasn't there. Damage shield is not as useless as tits on a bull like you seem to be saying. It may not be as good on a ranged champ as a melee one, but it's still worth the 1-3 nora. As far as damage shield on Magearm it synergizes with aura very well allowing it to damage champs almost throughout its range without even resorting to magic beam.

Baskitkase likes this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

k, bye.

/hope

4. ghklf

I wasn't expecting anyone coming here saying that I was "attempting to make everything competitive" or making everything be max efficient.

Ur sandbag theory is somehow related to the topic and I am fine with it.

I do not agree some of the answers, but at least I don't consider they were trolling.

But these two have gone too far that I consider they were actully trolling here.

Back to the topic, to me range 3 champion with DMG shield is perfectly fine.

4 or higher range champions shouldn't have, unless it synchronizes with their other abilities.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Many people just want their champs to be viable in for competitive bg and to not have worthless abilities making them more expensive for no reason.

ghklf likes this.
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

its all well and good for people to want there champs to be as good as they can be. But they need to consider that the hyper streamlined champs are the ones that really break the game

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

And since when do people know what they want? We already had this discussion, trying to make everything equally efficient is just plain impossible.

8. ghklf

Since when does this discussion become to make everything equally efficient?

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wat i am talking about is stuff like the old mysian lamia and defiler knight compared to wat they are now. There are alot of runes that are put together very poorly for no real reason. Look at eternal lich.

10. Lushiris

Eternal Lich is a result of the Revamp, which assigned really weird nora costs to some abilities, which haven't been adressed for whatever reasons. I assure you Eternal Lich isn't the only, and it's very far from being the worst champion in that list.

And I'm not sure of if that's what you meant, but Lamya and Defiler just got buffed.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Luch, less don't assign responsibility for the weird costs arbitrarily to "the revamp". Gedden ruined as much ruined fixed.

12. Lushiris

Yes... But honestly I think the time to blame people for the revamp's mistakes has passed(one year), we should really focus on fixing stuff - which for us means pointing out what's wrong and hope it's fixed quickly.

However I guess it doesn't hurt reminding ourselves of past mistakes so they're not repeated in the future. #TheDream

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Which is understandable, but I think there's room for disagreement on what constitutes "worthless" vs. "un-optimized" without accusing one or another of trolling.