What is your opinion of Savage/Barbarians

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Mar 29, 2014.

?

Do you like the current version of Savage?

1. Yes, The current version is great.

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Yes, but it could be better.

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. No, but it is better than the previous.

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. No, I don't like it at all.

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  5. Other, please post why.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well seeing as how they are going to remove forced theme abilities like this I don't think we have to worry too much about how bad the savage is. Personally I would of perfered either a simple flat passive that enhanced a play style over individual champ buffs such as Savage: This champion has Rampage. This with the old incite and high burst/single target damage would of given barbs an agro style that rewarded being in combat and setting up chain kill potential.

Another one I would of liked that is somewhat like the clan system is multiple savage abilities that had the same trigger. As an example take the ability I just used an apply it as Savage: Battle Lust or something and also create other specific savage: X abilities giving each barbarian a case by case review for what ability works best for them. Make the trigger having another savage unit out or with in X spaces and they get some minor or strong buff. You could literally have Savage: anything and just use the same trigger to unify them, its simply a conditional way to gain an ability much like the rover ability set.

Who knows, with the revamp targeting themes maybe we can just get rid of Savage all together and have a review of the champions and design them to have a unique feel and synergy with each other and the faction as a whole. A non forced reason to be used together is always better imo then racials.

2. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Just an update, I'm running an IS meta BG right now and I run 2 displaced, 2 FoB and a Mounted Hawkmaster. Those are enough for savage to work as a racial that benefits my champs without being in a theme themselves. I don't think this is how it should be.

3. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Should themes only work with a full deck or should themes have enough to offer the faction that they can be splashed in to fill holes?

Do themes need to be restrictive based on race/class etc or can they be more open then that?