What legendary would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by sirvile, Apr 13, 2017.

1. sirvile

sirvile The King of Potatoes

Currently building a Draksar deck, what legendary should i get? I'm torn between Blackscale, Angel and...well, they all seem kinda useful. I don't know what to do!
    For clarification, see Fig.1. vindy.png

eSmokefish likes this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Angel doesn't belong in a Draksar BG. I would go with Blackscale if you need survivability or Flagellum if you need better board control. Flagellum does more damage out of the gate, but Blackscale is violent so it builds up. Another good option if you don't mind 2x2 is Basilisk Templar. Judge Torien is good if you need added range.

3. sirvile

Thanks.

4. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Angel may not 'belong', but she's incredibly universal and useful. Biggest issue with Angel is her relative frailness until she intensifies. Throw a Taint on her and she is absolute monster in a Draksar deck. However, you shouldn't ordinarily need Taint in a Drak deck, so that's two rune slots that might go to something else. Personally, I like her in a Drak deck, but can just as easily do without.

Blackscale/Flagellum/Torien are all good. I presently only have Torien in my Drak deck while I cycle through some of the other Draks to assess their utility, (really digging on Marine at the moment).

Serpentor Ardent is great for raw damage. Heart Strike and Zeal:Speed means he almost always has 10-12 AP to burn every turn. That's mobility and two hits.

However, my favorite Legendary Drak is still Consulate. 1-3 range and flying give incredible reach and maneuverability. GrantDraconic Force is a mini-Taint to use to buff those Draks which don't have Violent. She herself has Violent, which allows her to escalate in damage output and with Regen and her range she has great survivability. Best of all, she's very cheap to acquire. If you don't already have Consulate, I'd recommend putting her first on your list.

5. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

If you plan on playing punish/AP denial draks go with flagellum.

High marshal is dope if you're running a lot of valdaci draks since he grants Regen. Plus dispel is pretty useful.

Consulate is one of the easiest to plug n play and is very versatile for a lot of the reasons haroldkin listed.

Shieldwarden is a good tank that works well in phalanx style bgs.

Morph is pretty much pure utility. She's a little pricey but brings some good stuff to the table.

Basilisk and Ardent are both situationally useful nice to haves, but you don't need either.

Torien works well in the ap denial sub theme but I'd rank him under flagellum if you're going that route. Otherwise he's another nice to have.

Blackscale centurion is hot garbage ATM. I'd rank him bottom of the drak legendary totem pole. He's designed to be a tank, but honestly SL bonus + sandstorm makes everyone tank pretty well. Phalanx marker gives cheap spot Battlemaster 3, which kind of overshadows his other role. And he's a spd 6, rang 1, phys dmg beater, with low base dmg.

Highpriest would prob be my recommendation if you have no legendary draks ATM. He fits in any drak BG , has solid base stats, provides a global buff to your whole bg, and he honestly has a lot of interesting/versatile build options.

Edits cause autocorrect hates things making sense.

6. sirvile

Aw man, i actually ended up getting blackscale....Well shucks....

7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Blackscale is pretty good imo. Best choice would probably have been Snogs because you can fit him into every SL or SL/x deck you make, but blackscale works perfectly well in draksars.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Wyrmpriest works as a cheap Highpriest. If you find you don't like Blackscale, let me know and I'll trade you any other legendary for it. I've got 1-2x of every SL legendary and below, with enough shards for several more.

9. lifetaker

lifetaker Devotee of the Blood Owl

I have three Draksar bgs that work out really well for me. I also have two more (draksar sand and Draksar bg) that are not finished yet.

upload_2017-5-2_15-19-20.png upload_2017-5-2_15-19-55.png upload_2017-5-2_15-21-10.png This last one i use Akakios as a tank with Guarded Draksar to beef up other draksar. Which also makes power turns extremely strong.

10. lifetaker

lifetaker Devotee of the Blood Owl

and i changed the name of the first two bgs to AP control.

11. sirvile

Thank you kindly.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Has the Blackscale Centurion served you well, or do you wish you went another way?

13. sirvile

Eeehhhh... he didn't work out so well. But the angel was a hella fun!

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Since you followed my advice, I'll trade you any SL legend you want for it.

15. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Angel of War is one of my favorite runes in the game. She's expensive. She needs to be played carefully until she intensifies, but once she does; POW!, she's a monster. Apply a Taint on her and she's even more dangerous. For added fun, equip her with Serpentor Scale Armour.

16. sirvile

That's exactly what i do, absolutely beautiful...

17. sirvile

well thanks, high priest sounds cool. Do you have him?
    Edit: wait wait wait waaait. I just realized you mean trade for black scale. Sorry, i used blackscale to forge angel :p

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

19. sirvile

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Bid accepted.