What new type of map would you want to see?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeeperz2, Jul 9, 2014.

1. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I want to freakin kill Serkan in his palace, I want to go into the emerald lake at night and kidnap mermaids LET IT BE SO!
    What map do you want?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

The ones we have fixed.

avichaif likes this.
  3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I wish maps could be "randomized" (maybe 4 variants of the maps) so that each game is somewhat different, and a bit more tactical. Obviously after a while people would get used to the style of the rotations but I feel as if it would be a bit more fresh than running the same maps constantly. Just my 2 cents.

jeeperz2, PurpleTop and Tarathil like this.
  4. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I think an indoor map would be interesting, after the current maps are revamped of course.

Tarathil likes this.
  5. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

I wish we could code our own custom maps, scenarios, and stories. That is all I would ever do.

Sirius likes this.
  6. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

do that...it is code after all. Make them and submit them to the owls. But please make them better than the ones that have been introduced recently! :)

7. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

I want fixed maps....and interactive one(like in warhammer the boardgame) for example my champ is on a hill and he get a +1 range bonus, he is behind a barricade and he get a +1 in Def, he is in a forest and he get Elusive 1 and so on.
    I know that is an entirely new game, but what is the revamp for??

8. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

elusive doesn't have ranks. I would believe evasive is what your talking about and this is a great idea

9. limone1981

yep sorry, Evasive

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I want a map that is an entire castle layout for single player. You have to breach the gate while archers can attack you, then you have to navigate the halls to kill the king, with guards roaming around. If they're within x squares of combat, then they come running.

A guy can dream, can't he?

11. limone1981

Btw this game has all the starting point to get interactive maps, it already has it ( all the terrain differences) but are just things related to Ap and movement, and has already interactive object (look at al the relics that give you some bonus in a short aerea of effect). And IS a strategy game where positioning and moving your units is the crucial part, so adding few interactive maps objects,for me, will be great

12. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

What about tiles that heal at the beginning/end of every turn? sort of like a lava counterpart. just put them out of the way so in order to get the heal you can't be sitting in a font.

13. KingJad

that sounds even better possibly interactive locations (relics) on the map that provide benefits or maybe even a hunting grounds were units are more vulnerable (-1 defense) do to wild warmandrils or what not or maybe even neutral champions that engage after you've entered into a certain area

14. KingJad

random tiles that provide healing? perhaps a temple (relic) that provides healing and acts somewhat as a half font?

15. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

catharsis bloom anyone?

16. KingJad

the relic would be neutral and im pretty sure catharsis bloom doesnt give nora the temple would only work for whoever has captured it of course it works differently from a font as well whoever is adjacent has access to it if an opposing unit is adjacent to it as well it doesn't work and after you move away from it, it no longer belongs to you and becomes neutral also you would not be able to deploy champions at the location even if u cap it

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Wait, did someone say Catharsis Bloom? If so, nerf.
    Head of Osirus as well.

18. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of some fonts giving other bonuses as well. At this point fonts only provide extra nora. Using the Temple example as above, if you capture the temple you receive a bonus on healing as well as nora. You can have some fonts be castles, where you get a bonus on defense along with nora, and in order to conquer a castle font you have to lay siege or something. I like where fonts are more than just fonts that produce nora. I played a game called Pirates online TCG where before the action actually started you had the ability to place islands, objects and treasure on the map. Each player would take turns placing the objects. There were rules such as you could not place an island within x number of squares to your home island. If we can do that same, have the players take turns placing fonts, interactive points, etc. on maps it would add a nice dynamic to the game.

19. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I would like to see this too. Plenty of the maps in their current state can be pretty broken. Usually it's broken due simply to draw wins (P1 getting a 7 speed champ on turn 1, p2 only getting 6 speed or lower on turn 1), so that can generally be attributed to bad luck. Some of the maps are simply un-fun to play on.... they lead to very boring and dry games. If each map had a selection of balanced variants, then that would shake things up and you wouldn't have to expect the same playstyle every gamen and different counter-play scenarios could be set up.

Additionally, it shouldn't be that hard to simply re-organize fonts and shrines. I'd like to see this before they add new maps.

What was that map called that was deemed super-broken and was taken out, players offered suggestions for changes, but it was never brought back?

20. KingJad

i dont think its a good idea to let players decide placing but i do agree with the new interactions in addition to my temple idea the castle is also a good idea all units within the structure gain +1 defense