What runes are above the curve?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davre, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh I feel like in general warding should be 0 to 5 nora, as it affects you and your opponent equally.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

thats why it costs 2

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

maybe + 3-4 because sure it affects both but you know it when you build the bg so you can work around it, opponent has to adapt during match

newsbuff, Alakhami and Fentum like this.
  4. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I probably agree on every rune you mentioned to a certain extent but I really don't understand how Ruby Crawler could be considered cancerous.

5. themacca

mirrored + aura +healing through acolyte

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

DMR doesn't like healing.

7. Alakhami

i know its set of abilities. i just don't understand how it could be deemed problematic. it's squishy and fairly easy to deal with due to how straight forward it is.

8. themacca

50% resistance to all elemental damage types in a meta where people go, EWW PHYSICAL DAMAGE when judging if a champ is good or not, & if you dont have something to deal with it it's a right pain in the ass

9. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

FS - Stillwater Mutant : What Macca said.

FW - Skeletal Lerper and Bone Circle Archmage : I don't think BCA is as good as people make out but a 3-5 nora sandbag might be appropriate.
    Downvote Xulos : For his cost I think he is fine.

IS - Terraformer

KF - Elven Strategist

SL - Primordial Enigma and Aspect of Violence
    Downvote Valdaci Shieldwarden - Always seemed well balanced for his cost to me

SP - Whirling Quarry

ST - K'ento : Way too cheap for a champion that has so much impact on a game.

UD - Pincushion

Really good idea doing this btw.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

i always dream of a website that lets us comment on and upvote/downvote runes overall as well as rate various criteria of runes - i.e, playability [meta], fun, art. i looked into building one on the excellent open source thronesdb platform which is used for netrunner and game of thrones LCGs, but got busy.

MrCharles likes this.
  11. Alakhami

eh, you gotta have physical dmg. people just need to be able to adapt.

12. potatonuts

I always pack plenty of physical damage so never had a problem with RC myself but I've watched games where it carried the UD player solo, I think Aspect of Infinity is probably more annoying though as it's often kept at the back and some factions like FW have very few ranged physical attackers.

13. Alakhami

But... he's not. As I said, he can be fairly incosistent and vs. the right player he's relatively easy to play against. Extinguisher, on the other hand, is always a problem as soon as he gets deployed.

14. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

When you guys finnally solve perfect balance in pox you should start on finding a way to have world peace

How many years could it take before people come to terms with the fact that pox is an imbalanced system, it's been over 10 and nothings changed yet.

At this point the over effort on balance has in short sucked the fun out of pox but that could just be for me. I used to look at an expansion and patch notes and see tons of possibilities and combos and new themes and options. Even splits since somebody usually gets something fun looking

Now i just see a patch and wonder...what can't i use anymore?Is anything in here new? Well i guess i'll play that other deck i played before...admittedly it's why i take breaks from pox for long periods, but I used to check out expansions and patches and get pumped for returning.

But ya...nerf 8 runes or something...bet it'll fix everything.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

guys, if you want to play with completely balanced armies, go play chess. (nerf the rook btw).
    in a deckbuilding games, its obvious that there are some cards/runes with an advantage in terms of stats/versatility/etc...
    Pox right now is in a pretty nice balance situation. I mean, there are TONS of viable bgs. and even the less "strong" ones, are completely playable even at high level. You can obtain almost anything easily ( no pay to win, as it was back in the day), and people also like to experiment new stuff most of the times , so it isnt rare to play vs interesting and different stuff. Balance isn't one of the big problems of Poxnora, at the moment. Bug fixes, getting out a tournament/draft mode, and getting in condition to release at least 2 expansions each year, are the priorities

Woffleet, attio26 and Fentum like this.
  16. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Pox can never reach perfect balance, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying to improve it. I think this stale period is a great time to look into the balance, since a lot of different decks have been played while not too many new runes have come out. Mind you there are still outliers and that's why I like threads like these.

A shame Sok don't have the resources to patch more often to go along with the "soft" nerfs and buffs. I think he's been doing a really good job to make way more runes and decks playable.

17. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

[QUOTE="calisk, post: 401993, member: 605"

How many years could it take before people come to terms with the fact that pox is an imbalanced system, it's been over 10 and nothings changed yet.

At this point the over effort on balance has in short sucked the fun out of pox but that could just be for me. I used to look at an expansion and patch notes and see tons of possibilities and combos and new themes and options. Even splits since somebody usually gets something fun looking

QUOTE]

^ this, it's not just you bro. I look at my sp bgs and can't really find any fun combos to use anymore cus EVERTHING gets nerfed. And I'm sure every faction has some combos completely ruined or eliminated. It really is annoying tbh

18. potatonuts

I don't think anyone expects to achieve perfect balance from this thread. It's more to just identify individual runes which are too efficient, champs like k'ento and primordial enigma have been an issue for a while and it's at least nice to see what other people think.

Etherielin likes this.
  19. Alakhami

calisk is just crying cause it's too unusual for him to play ST that's got weak spots. Pox is in a very good state in terms of balance and it's incredibly enjoyable to play it such. Before, there was the vast community and working client but the imbalanced tons of sh** which made you rage quit pox quite a lot. Now, it's inversed, and frankly, I'd always pick the latter since I find it ridiculous to play a game in which you rage because of balance design. So calisk, just man up and adapt to the situation and enjoy the remnants of the OP that ST has while it lasts until the next patch :>

20. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

ST will still be really strong after next patch. Just saying.