What runes should be changed..

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by AKHolic, Mar 9, 2014.

1. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

The Swamps Forums is looking quite dead at the moment so i thought of seeing what other runes people would want to see changed, as for me i want the following changed:
    - Massive Anuran
    - Marsh Raptor
    - Dreadwing
    - Electric Eel
    - Giant Crustacean
    - Froblic Bull
    - Glowing Slider​
    If you agree, discuss here how you think they should be changed! Or discuss which runes you would like to be changed and how.

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

At the very least, Glowing Slider should gain Amphibious.

3. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

I actually didn't realize he didn't have amphibious until now, Quite shocking.

4. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

I'd love to see some love for:

- Firk Spellblaster - there's a concept standing behind him, yet this concept isn't supported by his stats
    - Hippo Rider - BoggaHoppaz need a chivalry. He just needs some fine tweak, that would still make him distinctive from Bloated Toad and be playable.
    - Extispicer - awful design, I feel a deep disregard for this rune.

On the other hand, what rune of our faction should be sacrificed for the nerfhammer?

rickyjpen likes this.
  5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

People seem to want to develop FS beasts.
    Changes were proposed for many runes aiming for that theme.
    One could split the FS beast theme between aquatic and not aquatic so you have to ways to go around it.
    boghopper mentor could be the beast enabler

Tarathil likes this.
  6. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Beast and Plant theme could be enabled in FS.
    Trolls in split with IS too I suppose.

And I really feel that Electric Eel is fine as it is. For 43 nora he is awesome.

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

The only real problem, as I see it, with Beasts in FS is the fact that so many of the good ones are Aquatic (not even Semi). This isn't a problem in and of itself (given the cost of those Beasts), but it makes it difficult to use in Splits well, since there's no particularly good way to generate lots of water without at least some of it getting in the way of your own dudes, and you've got to go relatively even on spells/champions. For example, you'd have to go with Flying/Teleporting on your ST/KF/SP split or deal with the loss of mobility, or restrict yourself to some very old designs that generally don't fit that well (I mean, Lobster and Turtle Rider aren't exactly celebrated runes you know? Even Massive Anuran which is basically designed for a split is generally ignored, to say nothing of Amphibious OOF runes like Arctic Tortoise or whatever that's called, pretty much just FW have any of the good Amphibious OOF runes and... well... they ain't Beasts or Plants).

To that end, I think something that cheaply and easily gave Aquatic (such as Cast: Swimming Lessons or an aura or something on something that's actually decent on it's own still) or making Trailblazing help with more than just vegetation (then you could use Druid or Nora Gem in the ST and KF splits at least), etc. would make it much easier to do aqua-splits of various kind.

The secondary problem with Beasts in FS is that a fair number of them should be Arthropods anyway (Flycatcher and Lobster being the main offenders).

For Plants, I really just want to see more Sporegill (for both factions), though again it would help somewhat to have that ability to help your allies move through your own water trails. Mostly I don't think there are enough Plants in FS to warrant making it into a real theme in and of itself. I'd much rather see resources devoted to Salaman, Firk, Jelly, Snapteeth, Mirefolk, Boghoppers, Tortuns, Aquatics in general, Poison in general, Psychic Powers in general, etc. At least for the foreseeable future.

For specific rune changes... I had some thoughts on Mentor (now lost to the void of SOE's dead forums), mostly I think some stat buffs, and changing it's main ability to Cast: Evolve. Other than that however, I'd need to spend more time thinking about things. I did have some discussions about buffing Turtle Rider as well with the old design guy (same as the new guy), though nothing concrete came out of it that I'm aware of. I've stated my thoughts on Glowing Slider, and I do think Flycatcher and Lobster should be Arthropods as stated before, but I've no concrete thoughts at this time on further changes (if any). I know Only and some others had thoughts on those as well though.

I think I also wanted to see Pupil get some minor buffs (maybe a lower cooldown on his metamorph abilities? and of course update them), particularly to his upgrades (so as not to over-buff Spawnpool G.)

Anyway, that's my expanded thoughts, for anyone who might be interested.

8. Manty

Manty New Member

I believe most of the community uses a small portion of the spells from FS. I run boghopper so use BH bravado, poison fumes x2, reverberating blast, backfire, loot (because I don't like the other de-equip options for FS currently), drown, bubble of protection, soak the earth, undertow.
    Having many decks that run boghoppers, I haven't had any success from some of the spells:
    why play blessing of the river, as it currently is, when you can play boghopper shaman (the spell doesn't do enough as is).
    Forced reconstruction isn't very appealing because the misshapen boghopper has 5 spd.
    Blood of the swamp needs some love I feel.
    I personally feel Rite of empathy is not worth a spell slot, even though there can be lots of healing in FS to exploit empathy. It's situational, particularly positional, and doesn't provide anywhere near the benefit of the IS/ST version of this "nora-refunding spell." (maybe I am alone on this one)

Also I feel their equipment is extremely conditional (there are some strong ones, but overall they could use some tweaking) compared to other factions and they could use a couple general purpose equipment. I run and love goading mask and horn of order and the hero equips are good.

9. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

i agree with both Spellblaster and Hippo Rider! Especially Spellblaster I wish he could take a more spell-based efficiency with adaptive, and some other fine tweaking around.

Although not so sure on extispicer I believe extispicer is a fantastic champ all around.

10. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

Berkchani should have hunter: Wrath base, take off hunter giant and dodge 2 base.

11. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Hunter Wrath base is really huge. Dodge 2 base? No. If we are going to make her a bruiser we should aim for more bruising methods. Dodge 1 is fine where it is at. Maybe block 1 to upgrades and other upgrades could include the same idea of where she is at now, with Spd 1, multi-attack and perhaps arrow throw as an upgrade. That should balance her out.

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Berk should have hunter:giant base, hunter: wrath taken away altogether and be fuffed so far that he isn't a piece of Bane Shift against prot. HE'S ALSO A MAN, SKULLFERNO.

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I used to really like the Swamp Wurm. If he just had a little extra, something, he'd be great.

Ohmin likes this.
  14. Skullferno

Second time, in Pox history I have mistaken a role character as a women. Maybe Pox artist shouldn't make them so femine... *cough* Gekaal *cough*

15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

swamp wurm is op. I guess you could give him a ranged attack/disable and dive 1.

16. Skullferno

Remove Dragon race from both the wurms and make them beast. Could strengthen the beast theme and also Swamp Wurm is a mega tank. He doesn't need a range attack or dive 1 unless you make him a semi/aquatic unit. ATM he is fine.

17. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Give Darkmarsh Sorcerer Hex 3 base, and replace abuse charged with a different method for gaining charges.

18. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

SkulInferno if u call Berkchani femine again we shall have a problem! lol

19. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

I just think he is too expensive for what he does when u have Mika much cheaper and quite better!

20. Skullferno

Mika is meant to be a support unit while Berch is meant to be a bruiser. I agree IT needs a rework but, it still needs to be balanced.