What should I collect?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by haroldkin, Feb 28, 2017.

1. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Hi All,

I'm still getting reacquainted with Pox 2017, having been absent since 2010. SL was, and still is, my favorite faction and I've been playing the campaigns with my old SL decks. I'd like to start augmenting my decks with newer runes but am unsure where to start.

I play both Drak and Skeez decks, and even the occasional mixed SL/dragon deck. I have a sizable collection of runes up to Rise of Serkan. I'm looking for suggestions for SL runes I should consider acquiring from later expansions. I realize that is a tall order with approx. 20 expansions newer than Serkan. Nonetheless, I'm sure there are a few champs/spells/relics, etc, that merit acquiring before others.

I'm familiar with trading and am aware of PoxBox, so between trading and the Forge I should be all set to start building a more modern collection. But I just don't know where to begin.

Any advice much appreciated. Cheers!

2. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The following is my own opinion, not a consensus list by any means.

High priority (will find their way into all but the most dedicated theme decks):
    Snogvie (1x)
    Skywing Imperators
    Vindrax

Versatile champs:
    Valdaci Shieldwarden
    Skeezick Vanguard
    Locust
    Akakios (1x)
    Skywing Sonicbolt
    Dreadnought (1x)
    Draksar Ravenspeaker (* this is a tech choice that you may or may not add to your decks depending on how much of a problem summons are for you)
    Draksar Shifter
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Prioritize this next group according to specific themes you like

If you want to play goodstuff decks:
    Primordial Enigma
    Farcrags Sandkip

If you want to play draksar:
    Blackscale Centurion
    Judge Torien
    Flagellum of Chains
    Draksar High Priest

If you want to play skeezick:
    1x Totem of the Fallen
    All other skeezick (except for Vanguard, above) are solid but easily replaced with C/UC/R champs that are basically equivalent.

If you want to play dragons:
    Valdac
    Prismatic Skywing

If you want to play kanen:
    Bloodhowler Alpha (1x)
    Kiergana (1x)

If you want to play myx:
    All myx champs (except adamant) are roughly the same priority and none of them will see play outside of myx decks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anything not in the above or below lists probably clocks in around here
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really niche champs:
    Valdaci Guardian
    Mutated Drake
    Dragon Engine (1x)
    Myx Adamant
    Homicidal Thug

Don't bother:
    Vex
    Tainted Vinecreeper

3. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Welcome back man,
    I''ve been playing SL at that mid level for quite a while off and on since Rebellion and recently had a lot of fun on the high-ish ladder with Skeezick and Meta SL so I can give some pointers on the most important stuff (going expansion by expansion so probably gonna be a long post wooops).

Draksar:
    2x Channelled Violence
    1-2x Draksar Psion
    1x Temple Guard
    1x Judge Torien
    1-2x Draksar Persecutor
    2x Blackscale Centurion
    2x Flagellum of Chains
    1-2x Draksar Pursuer
    1-2x Valdaci Bolter

Skeezick:
    2x Resilient Skeezick
    1x Totem of the Fallen
    1x Skeezick Trigger
    2x Skeezick Whorl

Meta Stuff:
    1x Akakios
    2x Spark Crone
    2x Skywing Imperator
    2x Dunes Manticore
    1-2x Farcrags Tardigrade
    1-2x Primordial Enigma
    2x Skeezick Whorl

Utility for every bg:
    1x Hive
    1x Ferocity of Kain Taris
    1x Cancel Magic
    1x Draksar Legionnaire
    1x Snogvie the Antbear
    1x Purge
    1-2x Quicken
    1x Dragonfear
    1x Reforge
    1-2x Skeezick Vanguard
    1x Valdaci Shieldwarden*
    1x Phalanx Marker

*(Could do the Madness in the Mountains campaign on legendary to unlock Commander Nisk instead)

edit: damn davre is faster than me
    edit edit: this list is assuming you have all the SL stuff from Rise and prior so broken stuff like Vindrax is excluded

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Schmacko and davre like this.
  4. Dolcebrodude

Worth mentioning that Draksar High Priest is nice in draksar for Sermon but Wyrmpriest does the same for the same price with a slightly different kit and an uncommon rarity as opposed to legendary.

5. Dolcebrodude

Also dragons are a pretty damn strong theme if you are into that kind of thing.
    You'd want:
    1x Akakios
    2x Skywing Imperator
    2x Prismatic Skywing
    1-2x Guardian of Eretat
    2x Skywing Acidcraw
    2x Skywing Agitator
    2x Vexian Neodrak
    1-2x Skywing Sonicbolt
    1-2x Skywing Screecher

If you want the initiative plan also:
    2x Skywing Patrol
    2x Skywing Rumbler

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  6. haroldkin

Thanks for all the feedback, now time to forge and trade. Assume value stuff is better to acquire by forge than
    trade especially C-U-R. Several of those LEGs are high on my want list; I just need to decide what to get rid of
    to acquire them. I do have a couple Giving Trees I could part with. It's always difficult to get rid of anything
    if I don't have multiples, even for stuff I never play.

Besides the Giving Trees, I do have several Angels, one for most every faction and two Angel of War. Not sure
    if it's worth keeping both Angel of War but I do so because she's been one of my favorite champions for a while.

What is broken about Vindrax? I have two EXO Vindrax. Any difference between the EXO Vindrax and the
    various Limited versions, beside cosmetics?

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you trade away a giving tree, you probably won't be able to get one again. The same is true of many limited runes. If you do decide to trade one, I recommend that you post in the trade forum and spend a few days getting the best offer.

I have a complete set of SL other than limiteds, so I am definitely interested in any limited SL you have.

As for the Vindrax variants, it's all cosmetic.

8. haroldkin

I've been reading about LEs all afternoon, trying to decide whether to trade or hold the few that I have. I'm hesitant to trade the Giving Trees I have for the simple fact that they don't have non-LE equivalents. However, I'm trying to justify whether it's worth holding onto a LE J. Extinguisher or LE Bogghopper Toad when I can trade those runes for their non-LE equivalents and use the profits to acquire quite a few other useful runes. I personally have no attachment to an LE rune simply for the different skin. None. So long as their is no difference in play value, I'm quite content to offload an LE to a collector and use the proceeds to catch up on runes I need.

As for SL, the only LE I have that I'm willing to trade is 2x Draksar Sandstalker. I also have 2x LE Angel of War, but that may be the only LE I'm REALLY attached to. Give it some time and I might let them go for Legendary equivalents.

9. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I think I'd recommend farming gold, buying an extended set box, and sharding stuff through the forger to craft most of what you need vs. getting rid of your LEs. You can build a solid skeezick BG with no Legendaries and then slowly add in LEGs as you acquire gold and runes. That'll give you time to relearn the game and try stuff out also. A lot has changed. You don't need to try and build something that's instantly top tier meta competitive right away.

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I have the Sandstalker and the Angel. If there are any runes you want to test, let me know. Just promise me that if you decide to trade a tree that you'll let me know so I can make an offer too.

11. Dolcebrodude

It's just a really really good champion that can work in any bg, not many factions even have a ~100 nora damage tank.
    Valdac is also a good dragon god if you feel like you need the Cleansing Aura and/or Augment Creation.
    Poor poor Vex.
    Realistically you'll never want to run 2 Angels in a single bg buuuut it's limited so idk, I'd keep.