What To Do About Broodlord?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I seem to lose a lot whenever I am matched against Myx Broodlord decks. I always lack enough firepower early on to take the thing down. With the average damage, small, KF champs, I tend to do 4-5 damage per attack after all its damage mitigation. I also find that, while the opponent is spending nora on spells to augment it, I have to spend more nora to keep it at bay (Devolve, Carniverous Vines, etc). I just don't seem to be doing too well against it.

What strategies have been successful for you when facing this thing. Experimental Warspirit? Force Barrier? Loads of CC?

I will be taking a few days off from playing Pox because I am tired of facing that thing every third game. When I get back, I hope to hear some good strategies! Thanks!

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Maybe bring a Doomball with Metamorph and/or Doom? If it seems like the opponent is playing around him with spells and such, slap down a Special Prize for Pariah. Defenseless will also make his beefy tank stats less of an issue vs. small guys. Ghost Bear could probably take him 1v1 if you get lucky with draws. Warspirit is another good one, especially if you upgrade Dispel for getting rid of pesky buffs.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Hard counters:
    1. Special Prize (denies any and all spell, equip and ability presence)
    2. Metamorphosis (KF doomie)
    3. Crown of Petals (Ponderous + denies Trample, forces them to shatter)
    4. Inhibit Power (Denies ability usage in AoE and removes upgrades, forces them to spend extra nora)
    5. Warspirit (Soulstrike and Dispel)
    6. Fae Dreamer (Blockade)
    Soft Counters:
    1. Devolve (limits movement)
    2. Force Barrier (can be leapt around or over)
    3. Hinder Movement / Thunderous Charge (limits movement)
    4. Pin Down (delays a turn)
    5. Carni Roots (delays a turn, can setup for a kill)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Tweek516 likes this.
  4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Devolve is actually not a good counter to it, because at least half his ap comes from generation. On that note, blockade wouldn't be a bad skill to have.

I am also finding this problem, where there are some super tanky units that can still out dps all of your guy, that generally cost the same or less than your guys.
    I really don't know how to deal with them, unless I go and make a bg purely for killing efficient bruisers and tanks, but that just feels boring to me.

5. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

I think you really need to just wait for the patch to come out.

Right now, the Broodlord's Trample does 4 damage to ANY champion when it moves. Its Hunter:Small ability makes it do the extra 2 damage (I think this needs to be changed because this is just crazy.) Also, the ability is bugged in that it will do the 2 extra damage to large champions as well.

6. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

I take the same approach to the Broodlord decks run by the likes of DortyBoy and Frogo as I do with the ST-splits run by Hermaios and guitarape...just surrender. Like I said elsewhere, saves me a frustrating game and gives them their 5 precious ranking points. It's a win-win for everyone. LOL

Elves Rule likes this.
  7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Ha! Yeah those are the decks that are so unfun to face. Good to know I’m not alone. Anyway, I’m think I am going to hold back from playing for a bit and maybe wait for a patch...