What was the logic behind changing attack types on range units in FS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by profhulk, Jun 19, 2021.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I see attack frost on darkmarsh witch and darkmarsh siphon and it makes zero sense in a faction where psychic, and poison dmg are what empowers and supports an FS battlegroup. On another side note why attack disease on Snaptooth Ancient? How does this help snaptooths who now have only one range magic unit?

I just see changes made at random to appease people who may decide to abuse incorporeal and fck over players.

2. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

The logic was "this will indirectly nerf void shield". Why do fs units have attack frost and fw units attack poison? Because it was a poorly thought out change.

3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Void shield isn't that strong of an ability to begin with when played against factions like UD who have insane dmg or FW which has tools to bypass resistances all together.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

The damage type changes were done to help themes with limited access to alternate damage types, as well as to increase damage type diversity within factions as a whole. This also indirectly nerfs Void Shield, but also One With Nora and Immunity/Eater - X when facing damage amp-style decks. Some of the changes were better than others; Ironfist Warsaint with Attack - Frost for example makes relatively little sense, but Attack - Disease on Snaptooth Ancient can be justified thematically fairly easily.

5. Bushido

It also weakened resistance physical and magical by a significant factor, especially resistance physical.

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I believe it was more of a strength to have more sources of magic damage in the snaptooth theme. Especially since vaporize and ethereal are popular abilities that split bg players enjoy exploiting. Boghopper theme had only tidemaster as decent in theme magic dmg until darkmarsh witch came along.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Bushido

Tolltaker getting attack disease weakened him significantly. Esp in mirror matchups. It's w.e.

8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Almost as if you can see the marks of some fanboy player who was given the reigns of power and in a drunken stupor after jerking themselves off logged in to make random fixes. Congratulations to the drunk girl at the party who tried to win at chess. Great job Tina.

belalugosi likes this.
  9. Bushido

Post away. Electric magnus gave me a chuckle. Poison festering corpse is pretty funny imo. Merideth of the Rot with poison also is great.

10. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

He "sprinkled"

Bushido likes this.
  11. Bushido

I don't mind adding more alt types, I just don't understand why they weren't done on shoeboxed / very niche rather than things like magnus.

But it isn't as egregious as some of the other changes honestly, they are just easy targets because of how poorly thought out they were in general.

I never really liked resistance physical personally, I found it too much of a gamble even pre nerf.

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I just thought of this one. Changing attack type physical to some alternative attack type you are indirectly nerfing void shield, and you are also indirectly buffing the ability mirrored.

13. Bushido

It was such a stupid Firking change because it didn't even make sense. Resistance affects only 1 damage type. Void shield affects ALL damage types, and scales over time. By giving more alt damage types you aren't nerfing void shield / 1 with nora nearly as much as you are destroying resistances. In fact, if you can heal your void shielded unit, he is now stronger against more damage types, meaning void shield has gained more absolute HP value over time, technically buffing the value of the ability. Genius change.

To top it off the change was so Firking stupid they had to nerf mirrored because ppl realized the already top tier ability was made even stronger.

For the record, i agree manual modding void shield units would have been the correct path to take. And I am not inherently agaisnt damage type changes, i was agaisnt the specific changes which didn't have any real cohesion, intelligence, or deep meaning.

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

You want to be my hero? Figure out how to bring saxy back without lagging the game. MAKE SAXY GREAT AGAIN! 2o21.