What would a Lonx BG look like?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by lewis king, Oct 26, 2017.

1. lewis king

lewis king The King of Potatoes

new to playing ST, wondering what runes are best to have and which ones to avoid.

any help is appreciated :)

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Hey! Sorry this took me a while to get around to, but this is what I'm playing in Maru's tourney.

upload_2017-11-1_12-49-17.png

A few notes:

So this is a bg that has been designed to have exclusively lonx in it, but a competitive lonx bg would mix in different races to fill in some of lonx's weaknesses (such as crystal phoenix).

This bg is far from optimised. I would probably change around a lot more if I had a few days to tinker with it. Even after 2 games I know a couple runes I'd swap around.

Anyway:

Obviously, it's an equip centric bg. The damage you can get out of your champs is incredible, but they often don't have very far reach - a lot of melee. That's why runes like howler, swap, gale, and cape are great.

You can do some mad stuff with cape by frost coning and then pilfering and repeating, bombing an aoe3 for insane damage.

I think there could be a lot of discussion about the correct upgrade paths. If you have any questions about levelling up your champs just shoot and I'll answer. I'll say now though that I think howler is better with hostile than protective, even in theme.

Things to watch out for:

Not that much healing. So be a bit careful with your champs.

When you pilfer things like furry hat and bonecharm your champion gains the negative effect as described on the equipment, so try not to do this.

I know I haven't really gone into much depth here, but if you really want to build this bg tell me and I'll write up a more detailed report on how they play :)

nepyonisdead likes this.