What's competitive over here with you fairies and wood dwellers

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by super71, Sep 11, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

What theme is good in kthir and competitive and what runes are you running with them, I've seen illusions and some meta but what's trongest atm ?

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

kf works well with themes more than pure theme so

1. FAE very strong but hard to master
    2. Wizards-mag.amp solid
    3. Elves illusions with statue : cheesy bg and cancer to play vs, but still one of the easiest and most solid to rank up with.
    4. Rangers phalanx (with or without combined arms/ with or without main elves composition) is probably the most "meta-ish" bg at the moment, and one of the more balanced. you get access to boost, commander and defender, + a lot of other bonuses.
    5. archers needs still 1 or 2 runes to get better/new runes to become a top bg

super71 likes this.
  3. super71

Do you think maybe you could show me a bg for fairies, and tell me how you play them ? If not a bg would be good enough and I can come back for tips.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

there is a thread with some fae bgs in the fairy primer, get a loot there for bgs and for an analysis on champs^_^

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

The best KF deck right now is clearly the adaptive deck.
    Closely followed by the verdant promise spam deck.

MaruXV likes this.
  6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

do not offend spellspam adaptive. its still a bg that can be good if in good hands^_^

verdant what? do we have that rune?

7. super71

It's funny I never saw too many people run verdant until I spammed it for weeks with a split st bg using sentinel champs and tanky runes and archers. Their was that one map where if you had a large unit he could contest two fonts, I'd park mosharns big butt in those fonts activate hold the line and throw on a promise and I was good to go.

Verdant bgs were fun but hardly competitive, as they just made that unit a target for spot removal and or dispel, adaptive is very similar in that sense. What are reliable top bgs right now for k'thir ? Just illusions, and fae ?

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'd go with rangers. Fairly easy to play, very solid, few weaknesses.

Fae I think are very strong, but are difficult to play. I don't think anybody has done them justice in a long time.

Illusions probably still are very strong, but they're dirty to play.

9. super71

I'm doing kind of an archer hybrid, has anyone ran centaur bolter ? With arrow singer out he jumps to 6 range and quest runner is no joke on him.

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

if you like range go centaur archer. range 7_10 with arrowsinger and farshot

11. super71

Bad damage, 2x2 unit, too expensive. His tool kit isn't worth his price tag, bolter can put out more damage and can escape when engaged in melee.

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I found bolter alright. I'll give him another test though.

Centaur archer, however, sucks. Farshot doesn't apply DoTs so the added range it provides isn't of much use.

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

yeah i wouldn't run it in archers. in the combined version i play is nice

14. Elves Rule

It may have sounded like I was being sarcastic, but those decks are in fact the main decks I use. :p

upload_2017-9-13_22-4-5.png

upload_2017-9-13_22-4-48.png

Though to be fair yes, the verdant promise one is split with ST so it isn't FF KF.

15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

[​IMG]

Current S-tier theme. Has access to all forms of answers except for superchamps, which it can solve by sacrificing 1 synergy slot for a KF Doomie with a Polymorph. Relies on Corggos to keep enemy occupied while you slowly build up your numbers until you can drop the crown and fan faire for +4 damage and +12 HP and turn your fairies into a flying phalanx. Ideal T1 drops include Chained Fae + sub-74 nora champion (if 2nd player) and Fae Dreamer, Corgi Knight, Sun Blossom and Snare Fairy if starting first.

[​IMG]

Current Sleeper S-tier. It's missing a themed area damage ability akin to Stellar Horizon to become S-tier. The drop in damage across the entire game, the change to illuminate, commander and bowmage as well as the addition of centaur banner created a module-dominant theme that can field an answer to pretty much all threats apart from arrow-eater BGs. Ideal T1 drops are Arrowsinger, Falconer and Elven Strategist if starting first, Condor Fury, Arrowsinger and Elven Strategist if second. Elven Page fulfills the role of Petrichor in Fae.

[​IMG]

Current Tier 1.5 Meta BG. Melee-heavy but features a lot of non-basic ranged attacks. Light on spells as they're there just to support your tanky dudes, but a lot of equips to grant you alternate attacks, protect from harm and empower your assault. Ideal T1 drops include Snake Charmer, Spinehawk and the new LEG.

[​IMG]

Former Tier 1.5 Meta BG. Mono-damage BG that features a lot of spell damage. Low on crowd control but insane sweeping potential. Consecutive deployment of amplifiers lets the BG get crazy. Ideal T1 drops are Chained Fae + sub-74 nora drop if starting second, otherwise Elven Curator, Aurora Inspector and Aurora Investigator.

super71 and Tweek516 like this.
  16. super71

Why all the strategic retreat, and how do you deal with st ? Have you looked at running centaur commanders in your ranger corps bg ? Don't have fan faire anymore I used to but don't now, it's fairly hard to get also. Condor fury seems a bit pricey for her price tag and stats and being a 2x2 unit. I like everything else though, i'll probably try the fairy bg once I get the oracles.

17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Strategic Retreat is teleport 2 + heal for 15 for 30 nora, which is huge - you can also use it tactically to reposition a unit and then cast it to contest an otherwise unaccessible font as you're moved 5 spaces away from the opponent closest to you (= mindgames).

Fae deal with ST by crowd controlling them and outmaneuvering them. Archers have enough damage to burst through ST. Magic Amp has so much Amped AoE ST also dies to it. Rangers are a bit trickier, but they just outlive them via all the spells and equips they come with as well as non-basic attack ranged support.

Centaur Commander isn't an elf, which makes him unable to fully benefit from Epochal Oasis (teleport). Archer Commander and Honour Coin fill his spot, the former also gives rain of arrows to all archers, which is a big deal during clustered fights. It's also why I don't use Nectar Fairy as she cannot fully benefit from the relic (I like having all runes synergising with each other).

You can replace Fan Faire with a Grimlic's Bane/Memento/Devolve for Fae and Devolve/Swiftwind for Rangers.

Condor Fury's most optimal build is 80 nora (Lead the Charge + Loyalty). She comes with 11 DMG (14 with quest), 8 SPD, 1-2 RNG, 2 DEF (3 with quest) and 55 (56 - 80 if you heal via quest) HP this way and grants initiative 1 to your next 2 deploys (or more if she's removed from play via things like blink, banish etc. The fact she's a DEF-ignoring 8 SPD flyer is also a big deal and nullifies her size as 2x2 (which genuinely works in her favour because of that).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  18. super71

Centaur bolter sorry

19. super71

In your split verdant bg, why don't you run K'ento or mosharn, they both have sentinel and decent range and they are fairly tank and mosharn has hold the line. Mosharn + hold the line+ 1 verdant= 4 range.

20. Elves Rule

I only use verdant on the ancestors.
    I don't actually know why but Firk it dont wanna change.
    Therefore the only other champs I run are either tanks, supports, or guys who can displace their champs (because ancestor has a minimum range).
    This may be highly inefficient, but it's highly fun.

Also I don't own those champs. Yeh that's probably it. The above rant is most likely me attempting to give a reason not to use my 3400 shards to craft them, because I'm a hoarder.