What's current meta?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Glad0, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

ATM here's what I have.

image.jpg
    Help appreciated, THANK YOU!

2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Couple of thoughts:

2 gloombringers ==> demonologists or goblin archers (I go back and forth on which ones work best, all 3 options are good, if different. Demonologist is great for contesting since he spawns, nora gen, spell protecting, and soul siphon groups, goblin archers are super cheap, etc.).

2 caverunners==> 2 Minotaur Sentry or Nightfall Spiders or Pincushion. Since you don't have a huge fire focus (i.e. Grimlic, Borghas, orbs of fire, minotaur flamecrusher, etc.), you'll probably be better served w/ minotaur sentries (14 nora cheaper, brings detect, relics to contest, is harder to kill w/ evasive 3 and block 2; and helps synergize w/ your battlemages) or nightfall spiders (7 nora cheaper; 7 speed w/ teleport, counters fliers, stealths itself and another unit, which helps protect your main units from being ranged down). Pincushion is also super efficient, but outclassed by the lower costs/greater tools of sentry and the greater speed, stealth spreading of spider.

2 demon shields ==> 0 demon shields: Others might disagree, but demon shield is only useful on occasion (like against KF). Other times it's not very useful at all (against another UD player), and most often is a high-risk gamble. Lots of factions have a spot-removal for equipments. Every time you use a demon shield, your expensive unit will be put in a dangerous/deadly situation, and you'll be hoping your opponent doesn't have his spot removal. If he does, you probably lose a pricey unit. Instead, if you use demonshield on a cheaper unit to force your opponent to waste a spot shatter, most likely your opponent won't do anything, meaning you've turned a decent/good/efficient cheap unit into an inefficient unit by adding +25 nora to the price tag. Also, looking at your deck, there aren't too many runes worth using demonshield. Pit dragons (thanks to GabrielQ for making this point to me) already take -50% from most ranged units; your battlemages can't use it; gloombringers can't use it, etc. I'd probably remove, and use 2 orbs (with more fire damage in the bg), work in a breath of ash, or rely on things like nightfall spider and more relocate/ap gen to gap close/pull as ways to avoid range damage.

Gap Closing (Relocate/AP Gen): Unless I'm running a range heavy bg (gloombringers, demonologists, gob archers, bok raiders, grimlic) with lots of harassers (nightfall, sentry, strangler, wag, etc.), it makes sense to have a variety of ways to gap close with UD, either w/ relocates or AP gen. Your options here are hook fiend (pull, grappling hook), spellkaiser (relocate: foe), DEP (relocate:demon), DE Summoner (invig); bloodguard (drive); nefari messenger (drive). I'd run at least 1 offensive relocate (hook fiend, spellkaiser), 1 DEP/DES; and 1 form of drive.

+ 1 head of osarius (stealth contesting relic).
    +1 purefire (cleanse, dispell, 6 damage)
    +1 griefbearer (drudgery really helps as UD, sever summons is a great general counter, and you get a dispel/cleanse and detection)
    +1 grimlic

3. Glad0

Thank you!

4. Glad0

Currently working on getting my hands on a kaiser and blood guard