Whats the deal with poxbox?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edmek55555, Feb 8, 2017.

1. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

In most games buying outside items in any form is reason enough for a ban. Why is that different for pox? Im not complaining, its a great resource, however it is almost certainly taking money out of desert owl's pocket since it isn't required to buy packs, and if you want you can just buy the cards you want for real money which has a better turnover rate than buying boxes in most cases

Lushiris likes this.
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

It's a necessary evil.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

This game used to have a rather robust player market: multiple player stores, active rune trader, etc.

Poxbox is actually a remnant of that player market. It took the reins from a store called PoxPortal, which had more or less cornered the market by using a separate web site in order to speed things up.

Technically, 3rd party buying/selling is against the Terms of Service, but DOG mostly turns a blind eye to it, unless you're being too overt.

4. edmek55555

Its definitely great to have around but it is with out a doubt a big loss of money to the devs. For example, you can get a planar disturbance box for 20 bucks. On poxbox for the same amount you can get a decent amount of guaranteed legendaries and exotics for the same price

5. edmek55555

I figured it had to be against tos. But I've seen sokolov comment in a few poxbox threads and didn't really even mention that players technically aren't supposed to do that and no poxbox threads are ever deleted or locked. Odd

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, Poxbox is kinda given a pass, since the playerbase has made it clear that they want it.

7. edmek55555

Fair enough. Its definitely easier than finding someone to trade with currently. I just don't want to be banned for a using a third party service even though it is frequently discussed all over the forums haha.

Bravesteel, Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

You won't be.

Bravesteel and SPiEkY like this.
  9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I don't think their is a player playing pox that hasn't used poxbox at this point

at one point in time you used to be able to buy runes directly from the trader...it's how I got my harbs, but that was a long time ago.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've never used poxbox.

Anyway, taking about poxbox and trading runes for runes is great; talk about financial transactions, and you are gonna get roasted fast.

11. calisk

true i just meant the trader

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I know. I've never used any part of it.

13. edmek55555

That's why I find it crazy. There are undoubtably players who spent money on poxbox at some point but on desert owls end there is no way to be able to tell. That's why im surprised poxbox is allowed

14. calisk

well in the past the system for buying runes off the site, was something to the effect that every time a run was bought by someone it's price would then increase by like 5%, and every few days they would drop by a small %.

to give you an idea of how much I spent on harb. it was about 60 dollars each, but by the end of it they were settling around 130 dollars, or even more in the case of ud harbs back then.

of course this was a different time.

15. m3gas

m3gas New Member

Dude at this point you should take in the subtle allusions and stop mentioning 3rd party sites and financial transactions in one post ;)

16. edmek55555

Im not saying I've ever paid money. Im just saying the fact that poxbox offers it and it isn't totally shut down by desert owl is very different for an online game

17. horrible

horrible Devotee of the Blood Owl

There aren't really enough players for the trader alone to be enough. Just look at it. Theres never more than 2 pages.

18. m3gas

m3gas New Member

In it's current state the player base of PoxNora is simply so small, that turning a blind eye (kinda) is the only viable course of action to keep that base from shrinking even further.
    I remember the days when there were 600-800 players online at almost all times and the trader had 20+ pages for you to choose from, and I really hope to see it again soon, but for now it is what it is...

19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would have quit Pox Nora if it weren't for PoxBox...

20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I trade through PB, but never buy anything from it. I want to support dog. The extra bang for your buck doesn't mean anything if pox shuts down.

edmek55555 likes this.