Whats up with pox lately?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edmek55555, Feb 16, 2017.

1. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

The forums have been really dead, even the general is going without a single reply for over 7 hours and the amount of people in game have been dropping as well. Whats up with that?

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There's always a lull between expansions. Even more when there's a long time between them. With limited patches, that has exacerbated the situation too. Hopefully the new client or another expansion happen Soon™.

3. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

We're waiting for PS launch.

4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

yeah sadly its getting a bit silent, hopefully the new client is coming before summer (3-6months)
    but until then... hope something fun is coming, just farming gold/shards gets boring after a few weeks

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I started new job

6. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Game is as dead as that kickstarter.

7. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Still seems sort of odd to me that last week the forums were getting comments fairly regularly then this week, nothin

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Meh, just random variation.

But yeah, is quieter.

edmek55555 likes this.
  9. m3gas

m3gas New Member

You were just lucky to happen upon the game around the time of the holyday special and the buzz about the PS4 release and the player-made expansion, which is calming down now.
    The game has been in a state of "pretty much dead but somehow still with pulse" for years now. And it will continue to be like this until something really big hits.

10. Tweek516

Wrong. On both counts.

Etherielin likes this.
  11. m3gas

m3gas New Member

The state of everything I found when I came back to Pox and logged in the client proves otherwise, but sure, have your view on things...
    Sure the game is more balanced than ever and you can finally play for free if you really want to, but for me playing with the same 30-40 people all the time and the "new" accounts being 90% alts full of leg and lim runes at level 2 to 8 on a literally 10-year-old client, is not the definition of a game doing well...

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The current client is not 8-10 years old, i remember there already was a client update 4 or 5 years ago iirc

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. m3gas

m3gas New Member

Oh yeah now that you say it I remember a client update at one point... Still, you get what I'm trying to say.

Kampel and Hierokliff like this.
  14. Hierokliff

Sadly it feels like its on its lasts breaths. with artificial help to get it keep going, atleast i dont think poxnora bears its costs. after looking at the upcoming expansion preview and searching through the ability databases, its a mess, so many abilities are similiar and still very different in mechanic/powerlevel. Would say its impossible to learn all for a new player until they got feed up and left and without new players all games dies
    While looking at their other coming game, spacewars, it looks so much better so maybe it can keep poxnora alive by paying for them both.

And i totally agree with all the alts in ranked playing, it shouldnt be allowed, having alts for testing in nonranked pvp/pve is maybe ok
    ban/lock poxbox-accounts and other sites if they try to make money on poxnora, while rune-for-rune trading should be encouraged they shouldnt be allowed to trade for money

both the website and client must be older then 4-5years, or atleast the technology used as foundation

m3gas likes this.
  15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

As to your point 2...

Your solution to making pox easier for new player is to make it impossible for them to get good runes?

Honestly their was a time in poxs life span that stopping the sites might of changed the direction collecting and trading had went for pox.

Now I have trouble imagining it without them unless pox wants to create it's own similar in simplicity trade stores

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  16. Hierokliff

Whats a good rune? where did i say that? what i meant was if any company should make profit on poxnora, shouldnt it be the game owners?

17. Tweek516

Okay:

1) He arrived a lot (and I mean a few months here) after the buzz about the ps4 release and player made expansion.

2) That something really big you want? How about the ps4 release and player made xpac you just mentioned?

18. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

As someone who owned a store on PoxNora, this is my possibly unpopular point of view:
    To make (and properly run) a trade-store takes a lot of investment time-wise. On top of that, there are also certain costs attached too it (hosting, SSL-certificate, hiring programmers, etc.).
    Aslong as PoxNora is not able to provide a good trading system, it seems only fair, as a 3rd party providing that option, to share in a small part of the profit that PoxNora generates because a 3rd party store exists.
    If PoxNora would've told me at the time (or PoxBox now for that matter), that they prohibit stores from now on to do monetary exchanges, we simply can not and would not keep them up. This in turn means that PoxNora loses players (both paying and non-paying). I assume the Pox-devs realize this, hence they turn a blind-eye, until they can provide a better solution themselves. But with all the work there is to do, I don't think it's a priority for them (they gain more than they lose from having 3rd party stores around at this point).

PS: I remember Sokolov saying PoxNora was still profitable a little while back, I would be surprised if that has changed.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

While you guys are right about the stagnation, im having a blast like never before. And i atribute that to my guild. Being on discord and just playing friendly matches while chatting about the game we all love and hate is amazing. if im in a game i have @aron and @Slencer waching and we are making dissisions together and just having a nice time. That makes the game super fun. Would be cool if on the new client we can impliment a "in guild" voice option so we dont have to do it over discord

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Slencer, Tweek516, Etherielin and 2 others like this.