What's wrong with KF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Jul 20, 2016.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Hey,

I took a break shortly after the midterm release and popped back in a few days ago and i've noticed a lack of KF in games.

I possibly could have missed people but in the last 3-4 days of being online I haven't seen a single person with over 1300 xp playing KF. Is there anyone? Who are they I want to stalk them.

Checking the Drums of War thing as well, KF is doing really poorly. Last position by quite a long stretch (two thirds of a bar behind notoriously underplayed factions SP and FS. Also the display is bugged UD is the most played not the least.)

What is it that's holding KF back from performing well at the higher end of gameplay? Maybe it's just a lack of players who choose KF as their main? (I'm pretty sure someone like burn or baller will just that it's because KF players suck or something like that)

My response question to that preemptive "git gud" sentence can you provide me a poxbase link/deck list for what a competitive KF deck should include, as you are obviously so good you can easily create a KF deck that's strong even if you don't play it... right?

Either way it makes me sad to not see much KF around, but I also don't have motivation to play them because I can't work out how to use them as successfully as I want. help pls.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yo, try out De'lim. Minimal nerfs, strong scaling, and got the Naria recently, which work as both Devotees and plants. I'd bet this is a preference thing for a lot of people, rather than KF being weak.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firk KF

it's been crutching on free draw wins since the start of the game due to their bonus and how their faction worked

Time for ya'll to get good and make decks that actually play the game

Pattn199, Pedeguerra, Vorian and 2 others like this.
  4. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I'll give a naria focused delim deck a try, after I get my hands on some queens. Should be fun

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Translation: "KF is not OP anymore and I actually have to build a bg from scratch and use skills instead of just copying someones". Wait but she did ask for a bg link. Hummmm.
    Also:

/slowclap

jeeperz2 and SPiEkY like this.
  6. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

This bg will just get rushed. It takes too long to set up and the nerf to greenhouse isn't helping either.

super71 likes this.
  7. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Since you are both so good, would you be willing to try it yourself? I know you are good at your own factions, but my guess is you couldn't contend at your level with KF because KF is in bad shape.

8. Pedeguerra

As far as me and Burn are concerned, and as as far as I know, all the times these kind of "challenges" were proposed the one who proposed the challenge got burned real good.
    I'm not playing, though, so I will decline.
    But I'm 100% sure that any faction can be played at the right hands and that KF is not the worst faction of the game, at all.

SPiEkY and Pattn199 like this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'd want to see how it plays out. De'lim was strong for a good while, and I haven't seen any changes, either to the deck itself or the competitive environment, that would clearly indicate it has become a bad choice. If you'd like to elaborate, I'm all ears.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Remember that time FW was supposed to be bad and I went on an alt, made a bg and whooped that kid mw24 real good?

I do.
    I'd be down if it wasn't KF. I don't like KF, i don't have KF runes. I typically do wrath and maybe like IS or FS. Maybe ST. But not KF. Just Firk KF.

I'll elaborate cause people are gonna *****. Whenever people have to adapt their playstyles, they automatically assume their faction is bad. When you can't auto pilot everything like you used to do before, you feel like shits bad. It's most likely not.

I know, I've been playing SL for years just to land in, what others people have told me to be, the golden age of the scale.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  11. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I've never been good at making meta decks of any faction, i'm just not the best theory crafter when there is so much choice. I'm not an amazing player but I am pretty consistent when I do play, I don't know why you felt the need to make this about me personally. If it was just me being bad, other people would be using KF successfully, which currently they aren't.

I wanted to know if I was missing something obvious like a good KF player, or a combo/deck archtype I had missed somehow. Considering you don't play, and haven't played in a long time, i'd say your input here is pretty minimal at best.

If KF isn't the worst faction currently, which is?

mortal ix likes this.
  12. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Actually, I do remember that. Good point.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

It is not really a personal challenge. I'd just like to see someone do it. @chris0024 has been trying, and he might be the best KF player right now, but he has not been able. @Karmavore probably could, but he isn't around.

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I mean....i was challenged to take SL to rank 1 awhile ago and I did it. Then I was challenged to take FW to rank 1 and I did it. Im not a dancing monkey for you people. Yall need to make your own decks and make your own way in this game. And that doesnt include blanket statements like "this faction is bad," because there isnt a faction in this game that I couldnt take to the top ranks

15. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I mean.. I've beaten you several times before so even the all powerful baller can't win every game.

Instead of providing the varying versions of "I am better than you/I don't have this problem/I could be number 1 with KF/git gud" Why not do something beneficial and actually give some suggestions. I understand it's easier for all of you to sit on this weird forum throne of elitism you think you have over everyone, but why not spend a minute and instead talk through some essentials for a strong meta deck or list a few champs/spells/relics/equips that would need to go into a KF deck to provide a starting point.

It's kind of ridiculous when someone comes to ask for help/advice not a single one of you actually provided any. Thanks.

mortal ix, TeaScholar, kussel and 4 others like this.
  16. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I think with the success that elves / archers had the last few expansions alot of the recent tools are made to stop that, I may be a noob but I feel that KF's power is by out ranging your opinion. Recently however there are alot of tools that take away that advantage and the new maps dont favor that anymore. I hope with new maps and new runes the KF faction will be restored to its formal glory ((UD player )) :)

17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

One of my biggest gripes with people today is that they dont make their own decks. They constantly ask for help/decklists. I get pmed for my deck probably ~5 times by random people every.single.time. I log in. It gets annoying really really quickly.
    If i was going to take a kf bg to the top ranks i would probably first look at delim, elves or vashal/beasts

SPiEkY, Pattn199 and Pedeguerra like this.
  18. Pedeguerra

#nerversharedadecklist
    #callmegrumpy

Gemma, I wasnt really trying to insult you or anything, I just thought it was funny the way you wrote your post.
    Either way, these kind of posts in GD often bring a lot of troll responses, if you want a serious one you might want to take this into the KF subforum.
    Either way, you shouldnt really start with "Whats wrong with KF", because the first response will be "Nothing".

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

People feel dirty playing KF that's why no one plays

Pedeguerra and SPiEkY like this.
  20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Taking this to general was a bad idea, best go over to the k'thir forums where productive conversations are taking place.