Whats wrong with Pox and how WE are killing it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sinkia, Jul 2, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

stayflyazn likes this.
  2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it's 2018, that nap you took was quite long, good to see you back BP.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I see this and I simply cannot take you seriously or read further. I appreciate that you love pox and want to make it better, but this tells me you don't really know what you are talking about.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    BubbleMint, BurnPyro and Pedeguerra like this.
  4. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Mino battle mage still does all those things you mentioned fyi.

I agree with the f old player sentiment. Focus on new business. Not the withered old dried up crotchety veterans who exist to only ***** about the game. F those guys.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I think that, at this point, making a Pox 2.0 would be better... I mean, all the old people still playing this version would probably migrate to the new game as well, however you could start fresh without all those things that led to Pox downfall.
    As a "compensation", give veterans incredible amount of shards to craf the runes they want, and give them some sort of recognition for being around since the beginning of time, I dont know.
    I realize there are budget constraints and whatnot, but in order to reach high you have to aim high.

6. lcbfoxx

lcbfoxx New Member

First, I must say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GAME. Sometimes, I watch more than play. :) Congratulations to the Owls, they are working hard to keep this game a great game.

Not sure, but i think some people dont understand this post. Or maybe its me. :p
    This post is diferent from a "cry post", and I (almost) totally agreed with it.
    I believe that what Sinkia said is that Pox is a "champs" game, not a "spells" game. The champions should be the center of strategy, supported by the spells, more like a chess game. All the options are showed, win the better strategy, not that unavoidable "change game" spell. I really think that super strong spells = not fun. Even the OP champs are better than OP spells. Against the OP champ, you can see it, think what to do. Nothing to do? RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, until you think how to kill it. That OP spell cames when you dont expect it and BUM, end game. No fun. Some spells are themed, or you can see it coming. They are ok. But some are totally unexpected AND OP, and they are not fun.
    About the balance, yeah, lets not worry so much about the game balance. Its an impossible task. Lets focus our energy only in OP combos and runes. But ONLY the OP. Myself, by example. I like Dwarfs. I like Talgar, Euan and Paladin Commander. Why? Well, they are cool. And I play them, nerfed or buffed. Its a matter of "fun", not just "metagame" or "only win focused".
    And yes, the community is a big problem in Poxnora. Not exactly the community, but how the Owls listen us. So much "cry, nerf, trash talk" posts. So much acid posts. And the Owls listen us TOO MUCH. Answer us TOO MUCH. More they listen us, more the unbalance. Of course, to read the posts is a good thing, but dont give us soo much credit. We are like childs. What I mean is, they should talk to us through more generic posts and answers, not talking in specific posts and to specific people. They are creating monsters here. The way they treat us would be perfect in a perfect world. Its not our case, unfortunately.
    Sorry for the bad english, but I wanted to express myself.

TheBulwark likes this.
  7. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Just curious, do you mind mentioning which spells you mean as far as the "totally unexpected and op" ones that you don't find fun? Because that would help make his point about disliking spells easier to understand. I'm not personally sure what the difference is that makes a spell predictable or unpredictable to him/you in this case.

8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Battle Fatigue

9. lcbfoxx

lcbfoxx New Member

First, thanks for the polite post.
    Second, I always have so much fun watching your games! Keep playing! :D

Well, I wasnt talking about myself in the post, just explaining what I undesrstood from the Sinkia post.
    Anyway, I think spells like Steal Life are good and well designed. It have a great effect, but have a drawback: the enemy must have 0 ap. And the caster (normally) wants play it where some damaged champion could be healed. It means that the spell is more or less predictable, and I can try avoid it. Most times you can see it coming and, when it cames, his impact will not be sooooooo big. Besides, Steal Life is a spell that gives to the "bad guys" an equivalent effect of the "good guys" heal, without losing your "evil" essence. Thats what makes a good and well designed spell. Gale Force is a very well designed spell too. Simple, great potencial, but you can try avoid his effects.

And, other side, spells like Fading Recollection are OP and very bad designed. You cant see it coming (you can try, but its veeeery hard), you cant counter it without high investment and is one of the most NO FUN spells in the entire game. You deploy your 80/90 nora cost predilect champ, just to see it turns into a dead meat in the next turn. Blink is another bad designed rune. Not sure if it still works this way, but if you use it on a champ, and ocupy that space with something, the champ dont came back! Another example is Doom. There's nothing you can do to avoid it, and then... there goes your champ.

10. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Okay, I see. It seems like, if I'm not misunderstanding, you like spells that allow you to counter them with your positioning and dislike spells which have large effects which are difficult to mitigate and can't be cleansed (like FR or Doom). I think a lot of people would agree with you that FR and Doom can be frustrating to play against. I know that I also personally hate Doom because it feels lazy: basically a point-and-click to get rid of a problem champion.

Also, thanks for watching! I'm always glad to hear that people have been enjoying my (or others') games.

TheBulwark likes this.
  11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

OP focus is on insta gib spells? Ok I can relate to that. Doom is the most frustrating spell to play against especially now that it is priced at 40 nora (WTFLOL?). Fading recollections is frustrating, but I have learned to deal with it unless they cast it on firk mindshredder or spawnpool guardian then I have useless meat I can block with? Not sure how Essence drain is balanced, but ok I can halve your hp you dead one round.

12. lcbfoxx

lcbfoxx New Member

Yes, you got it. All spells that have a big impact in the match should have a way to be countered AND should force the owner to use some strategy. And these factors must be balanced.

13. lcbfoxx

lcbfoxx New Member

Well, OP spells dont must necessarily be insta gib, but I think the "insta-anything" are the biggest problem. Lose your champs without a chance to use them is frustrating, and dont contribute to the fun factor of the game. I repeat, imho Pox should learn something from chess.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What is a spell if its not an "insta-anything"? THats the whole point of non champ runes. Once you know the game well enough this stuff stops surprising you or you start realizing how while your champ just got gibbed, your opponent just used lots of nora to do it and you play through it. I still get surprised by stuff I do not expect my opponent to be using on occassion though, and good job to them, thats the idea. I also still wreck people with EGS because people do not see it played hardly ever. BAMB 25 nora, your flyer is now stuck forever on the impassible terrain.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firk yo clowncar

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I have cliffed flyers on IF mnts with clown car deploy after windfury KB but only twice maybe... actually think one time it was a flyer just perched over the chasm without KB. Speaking of windfury, my favorite was showing people how stuff can be cliffed with AP if it's stunned.

17. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

Problem is too many whales carrying DOG atm. All they gotta do is Floating them with new runes. The whales on the other hand like the current state, because of the little influence they get. So neither of them need new players gg.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

This isn't really any different from any other game (a few details are different of course).

What might be different is the degree with which the Devs listen to and interact with the community, which has both pros and cons... but also would in no way be the fault of the community itself IF it were "the real probelm" with Poxnora.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with your conclusions... which oddly enough results in roughly the same stuff that you're complaining about here, with a few shifts in details.

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This couldn't be further from the truth. Pox is tied to its stupid Firking release schedule. Gedden will do other Bane Shift as time allows for other Bane Shift but he wont Firking stop the rune engine for a moment. We've begged him to do just that, but it's not even realistic because people got to get paid and Bane Shift. But this dumb Firking game cannot move past all the dumb Firking Bane Shift that holds it down until they make some very serious Firking changes.

Without creating an official shoebox or some sort of rotation, they'll never get this Bane Shift under control, there's just too many champs with too many abilities. You change one thing to fix a problem and it causes 2 interactions to become problems.

I get that the guys have been working fixing Bane Shift but the list is probabaly larger than it ever was at this point, and the Bane Shift Sok and Crew are putting out is on a whole new level of unbalanced cluelessness.

JellyBerry likes this.