when to use fading recollections?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by drathys, Jun 10, 2014.

1. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

Hi, I stopped using fading recollections because i found that it became a crutch and id end up using it too soon, slow down my deploys leading to me losing.
    however I notice that a lot of higher players use it so I was looking for advice on when to play it and when to hold back.
    obviously champs like spellkaiser or others without attacks are obvious wins but would appreciate help on the subtle uses.
    thanks in advance

2. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Just drop FR.
    Unless you are a pure fire bg with 0 alternative damage or something, there are like 2 champs in the game where fr is worth the cost.
    Most champs can be killed by correct deploys without using a champ worth of nora on a spell.
    If you feel like you cant deal with some abilites use Voidraker, most of the ablites you will have trouble with will be upgrades so confuse takes care of that.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

If you do insist on running it - only use FR if you can convert it into an important kill on the same turn you use the FR, or if you 'insta-kill' something (flying champs over impassable/chasm, for example).

Makorov and SPiEkY like this.
  4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I find there are a few champs out there that I find it is almost always worth FRing as soon as they hit the field - fist of bastion, timmy, hraken the bloodbow, mika...

When I don't take my own advice here (which is often, since I feel like I shouldn't have to FR them) then I usually find it costs me a LOT more than 55nora before they're dead.

edit: and minotaur battlemage -- god i hate that thing.

I think it's because my decks are all melee heavy and anything anti-melee hurts a lot, so I find FR a godsend against champs which are: anti-melee, survivable, and OP.

5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

there was a time i stopped using FR... truth is FR is a great weapon to have....
    BUT you have to be very careful with it..... more often then not you will use it once in a game and only once , half your games you shouldn't even need to use it.

Do not use it on a op champion..... its better find a better way to kill the champion and play smart
    Use it only ......and ONLY IF it will win you the game

55 nora is a insane amount of nora.... its almost a champion.... you are willing to spend 2/3 of a champion to FR X unit? you better make it count

FR can lose you the game if used carelessly..... or win you the game if used wisely...... so keep that in mind :)

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

FR you should se to conter some crazily efficient runes that have a sort of second life with a huge threat/HP pool and in some cases to kill something that counters your whole army for some reason.
    Examples would be the displaced, korsien on the efficiency side of popular runes, also, I use drown a lot on key positioned wags turning into galhrons, so you'll see that using FR on one it's very advantageous (in some cases).