When you balance the game and have fixed FW.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bagoftrick, May 15, 2015.

1. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

its funny cause I caved like 20 minutes ago.

Iskandak likes this.
  2. bagoftrick

im still pissed at fw though.

3. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

not broken. Every factions has these (rd come to mind)

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

weak

5. bagoftrick

I lasted a good hour. may just have to resort to que dodging all fw players. might have to make a list.

6. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

My zombies auto lose on some maps because there are two fonts and the enemy can just bumrush me before I have a chance to get enough champs.

I lose to other FW because I run disease in FW.

Once they implemented a bunch of summon/swarm counters I quit playing treefolk because everyone was running them.

My Skeezick are completely screwed if someone runs a bunch of stealth because they don't have enough in-theme ways to deal with it.

Etc, etc.

Some things have counters, man.

7. bagoftrick

that's not on the same level as an entire faction =P.

8. Garr123

I dunno, I've always considered running a single damage type as a theme to be more gimmicky than other themes.

9. Garr123

It's not. You have to run things like Doom, Soulreave, and ED or else you will constantly lose because anything with toughness, physical resistance, or high defense (or all 3!) will one man army your zombies. Dugon by himself can counter most of a zombie BG.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

If you are playing a top notch bg fw isn't that good. You may or may not need to run backlash but familiar and martyr were carrying it hard before they got destroyed by epic nerfs.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

boon of the undead needs to be changed, fw mirror matches are a nightmare and the poison resistance is bs in many matchups.

12. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I find whispers quite similar to backfire boon. Broken faction bonus that eventually allows casting it when other faction wouldn't be able to, can't be tapped unlike rd/cloak/etc. Also revamp dumbed everything down, turned balance into a joke, and removed most comeback options, so a well-timed basic attack fuсkup is much more effective now.
    So I'd say its fair cost is closer to 45-50 prerevamp, or 55-60 post.
    Similar new UD spell is also undercosted.

13. LoganMkv

Sapping is not hidden — you instantly know that your champ is disabled. With whispers you can't be sure what champ it's on, even if you have spell detection (but more often you don't).
    And trying to always assume it's on — is like playing against FW on a map with chasms, nothing fun here.

14. Garr123

Accidentally getting whisper cleansed always feels like a kick in the balls.

15. Patches4

Patches4 Member

"but stuff like mobilize cant be counted for in strategies"

I died.

16. LoganMkv

Ok, you vp a champ, opponent prepares to heal it when it comes back and can do whatever he wants. You disable a champ — opponent tries to protect it if he can, or sacrifice in some efficient way if he can't. Both are just stallers.
    Now if opponent moves an expensive/defenceless champ for an attack and gets whispered, he is very likely just haven't killed your champ and lost his. That's domichasm/hippos level, which wins games on its own — that's what I started with, in my games and games I observe, whispers win more games than dozens of other autos combined.

profhulk likes this.
  17. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I meant litterally counting. Putting everything at a certain distance, mobilization and its gone. Ap gain through spells is so incredibly hard to counter.

18. Patches4

Patches4 Member

"that's domichasm level"

I died.

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

You realize that is completely wrong right?

Statements like this from you DMR lead me to believe that there is more than one person posting to your account. Its a completely bonkers statement.

20. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

This is what Whispers does. I'm not sure how you use whispers DMR but clearly you are doing it wrong.