...which nintendo console should i buy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LoserSlick, Oct 8, 2017.

1. LoserSlick

LoserSlick Devotee of the Blood Owl

hi guys - i'm looking to completely nerd out over this winter season.

i was wondering which console i can play the most zelda games on. (i'm told the RVL-001??)

i also would like to be able to play some of my old gamecube disc-games i still have in storage.

i've only played the zelda series up to SNES's "a link to the past" and would like to play the rest in chronological order. also i wouldn't have any problem buying them from console game store (does the wii-rvl001 even have that??)

any advice/input appreciated :)

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

play pox! ^_^ (Sry cannot help you never owned a console...)

3. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

I guess Switch? You can emulate all the other consoles very reliably on your computer. And with how shitty the Switch is, I'm guessing in a few years an emulator for that will become available too. If you want to play Nintendo games just emulate.

super71 likes this.
  4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Depends how illegal you are willing to go. Id buy a switch or Wii with backwards compatibility. 3ds is legit. 2ds is 150$, if you are trying to get it cheap

5. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

The Switch is awesome! Also, the New 3ds is great.

6. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

You already have a PC, as long as you have the disks you can use any emulator and extract the ROMS directly from the CD's. And it's perfectly legal btw.

super71 and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  7. DiCEM0nEY

It's ethical too imo. Is it still legal? Law was from 1998 iirc.

Reminder, ethics has nothing to do with law in current year

8. Vash Dragneel

I've seen different opinions on rather or not it's legal.

9. DiCEM0nEY

Legality isn't an opinion.

but morally, when you purchase something, you are entitled to everything you purchase.

If you purchased a cow, but the guy who sold it from you used it everyday without your consent, would you feel like you purchased it? Ofc not, it's your fing cow. I'm not saying a company a has an obligation to feed your cow, but they can't use your cow after you purchase it, unless they said so in a contract.

So, when u purchase a game from game stop, it's your game. The content is 100% yours. now, if you copy it and sell it as your own creation, that is not ethical. but if you are making a back up copy , to continue using your product, that is fair use. no different than taking care of your purchase to increase longevity.

Kendoshi and Vash Dragneel like this.
  10. Vash Dragneel

I gotcha now.

11. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

The Super Nintendo offers classics, N64 offers classics aswell as one of the best Zelda games, the switch is new and breath of the wild is beautiful. I say whatever you pick up, its worth it. Didn't own a gamecube so I can't tell how good it is. Anyway the choice, have fun!

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Gameoldies.com is what I used to use, other than that emulators all the way.