Who needs guns anyway, right?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JazzMan1221, Jul 28, 2017.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

BurnPyro and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

but swords are designed especially to kill humans where a gun that can fire as fast as you can pull the triger is ahhahahahahahahah

this is gonna be fun is all I'm saying.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If I remember correctly the law just removes the limitations on the size of knives you can carry but yeah swords would be allowed.

Geressen likes this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that seems weird, knives and swords have completely different build. except for machetes and the like which have a legitimate use other than murdering, which is dressing up as a murderer and also sometimes plant removal.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Haha I've been to house of blades in Fort Worth.

6. JazzMan1221

Personally I'd rather open-carry a sword around than a gun. Any joe blow can point and shoot with a gun (yes, I know it's not actually that easy, don't kill me gun enthusiasts), but only someone who really knows what they're doing would bother carrying a sword. And in this day and age of projectile weaponry, you can bet your ass anyone with the balls to carry a katana around is not a guy you'd want to Firk with.

7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'd definetly rather take my chances with a sword wielding autist than someone with a gun

8. JazzMan1221

So much more can go wrong with a gun though. It can misfire/jam, you can forget to turn the safety off, your aim can be Bane Shift, you can forget to load it, or you can fumble getting it out of the holster. A good swordsman can decapitate you before your gun ever gets to your hand, depending on the distance.

Take a look at this old police training video for a further explanation. It's a bit dated, but the principles still apply today. And remember, these are POLICE OFFICERS, people who are supposed to be trained to use firearms. And yet the guy with the knife usually wins.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

"the loser of a knife fight dies in the street, the winner dies in the hospital."

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  10. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Anyone that walks around with a Katana is a man that knows exactly what he's doing, whether he's facing a gunned foe or not. 0/10 Would not face a Katana wielding opponent again.

11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Would much rather deal with average cal. gunshot wounds, then high chance of limb loss from swords. (not accounting for crazy 50 cal. Bane Shift blowing your limps straight off.)
    Also, modern guns (not that metal ball crap, horrific) are slightly more civil than swords in terms of level of suffering. Granted I have yet to be fatally wounded by either weapon, just a guess.

Edit: This is in terms of civilian settings, modern weaponry in warfare is horrific, either get half your body blown off by an IED or choke on your own blood on some fumes. Ye then I'll take my chances with the bows and swords

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

if its an IED just cut the red wire.
    if it is a human cut the red wire.

[​IMG]