Why does weary auto cleanse?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rokkushun, May 20, 2014.

1. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I mean the -dmg debuff, I'm fine with the debuff itself wearing off after 9 turns.

It makes me sad you can't re-apply it to refresh the duration on it either. So once those 9 turns are up it's just like nothing ever happened.

This was my favorite thing back in the day, when/why did it change?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

This reminds me: why there are permanent debuffs and fs is the only faction left without instant cleanse?

3. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Angel of Nourishment and Finlord's Neophyte are both capable of cleanse. So is Sacred Temple or whatever it is, the relic with cleansing aura. There's also a delayed effect spell that heals and cleanses, so really, there are actually things that can cleanse

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pretty sure he's referring to the only kind of cleanse that matters: spot cleanse.

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Fixed.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Angel of Nourishment isn't an Aquatic

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I want to play this game as well:

Why FS is the only Protectorate faction with access to Dispel?

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Fixed

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Its also not spot cleanse and does not apply at all. Ignoring that it is LE, too.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But it is instant cleanse

sillies

11. Boozha

Way to miss the point, fatty

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Instant, as in deploy your angel and walk it near the rune you want cleansed and use a abilty.

13. Rokkushun

Please, this is not a thread discussing cleanse. I wanted to discuss why the debuff of weary went away when the actual debuff ran out.

14. Boozha

Because thats how it works. Use the huge amount of turns it stays to your liking.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I can understand the ability auto cleansing after a certain number of rounds so you don't run around hitting every champ dropping their damage (and speed with debilitate) permanently, effectively removing the champ from the battle without having to kill it and put it on cooldown. I'm actually surprised that cripple doesn't have a limit.

That said, I would like to be able to renew the countdown by hitting the champ again, just like you can renew a DoT when hitting a champ that is already affected by the DoT.

16. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It works that way because of Debilitate. For consistency's sake, Weary, Cripple, and Debilitate (the abilities that lower stats over time) work the same way. If Debilitate could be reapplied, eventually, affected champs could slow down to 0 SPD and be UUC (Useless Until Cleansed). In short, because of how good Debilitate is, Weary is less so.

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't think Cripple does auto cleanse. Debilitate states that it has a minimum of speed 3, which is nearly useless, but not totally. I would like to see Cripple have a duration as well so the abilities would function the same. I don't think re-application is bad, but I do think that no limit on duration would be.

18. Rokkushun

I know why delibidate auto cleanses, but why does weary have to do the same?

This changed ruined my favorite all time rune, arctic beast. He used to be a pretty efficient hunk of meat who could contest a font and slap weary on one enemy before dying, making it that much easier for my next champ to contest.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It would leave a champ with 0 damage, effectively eliminating some champs from doing anything overly useful. All they can do is engage/contest/roadblock. They become illusions that take more damage to pop. Sure some champs have abilities that keep them useful, but a lot don't.

20. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Weary decreases dmg by 1 every round for 10 rounds and cleanses back to full stats at the end of that duration.

Cripple reduces def by 1 every round for infinite duration.

Debilitate decreases every two rounds to a minimum of 3 and then cleanses back to full stats at the end.

Pretty much debilitate and weary can totally make a champion useless or near useless while Cripple just makes them easier to deal with (ala KF's fern) and can be allowed to be infinite.

They aren't consistent but there is a reason for it.