Why is damage type holy not a thing

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Jujubean, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Personally I think pladdians and priest should have a holy damage type instead of magic damage.
    In Ironfist Strong hold it could become out sigunature damage type while UD FW and etc could have dark holy on it's priest and plads

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I agree. I suggested Attack: Holy a while ago and it never gained traction. There definitely are some champions that it would make more sense on than Attack: Magical.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Sounds like a secret buff for KF Magic Amp, I approve!

Jokes aside - adding holy and unholy damage types would be really interesting and I believe it'd also diversify IS and FW a bit.

4. Jujubean

Ok so if we did create damage holy who would get it beyond beyond IS pladdians and priest, and how about Unholy who would get that exactly in UD and FW.
    any specific units that would get it more or any units that would get it less ?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Its called Attack: Loss of Life

SireofSuns likes this.
  6. Jujubean

I look at attack Loss of life is a completely different thing. Due to the fact that it completely ingnores every defense it comes across.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If a 10 damage Attack: Loss of Life champion attacks a champion with 2 defense it still takes 8 damage.

Tweek516, Anima26 and potatonuts like this.
  8. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Yeah but if it attacks a unit with tough 15 noras worth ability is negated.

This is major why fw craps on is they have massive amounts of bypass to resistance.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

But what does that have to do with the discussion of a new damage type? Also worth noting that Attack: Loss of Life is 4 Nora if I recall, meaning that when they are attacking a champion without tough they are also paying more than other champs would to attack the same champion.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Give IS it's own LoL except call it something different so it's parallel to Attack: Physical and Attack: Gun

11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

At this stage of the game, extra damage types are an unnecessary complexity IMO. They don't add anything new or interesting mechanically to the game and a new damage type would dilute the effectiveness of existing resistances/immunities while bloating the game with a bunch of "new" damage type abilities that aren't actually new. Does the game really need another "X-amp" deck type out there?

12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I agree with Davre on this. It is a neat idea and in an ideal world id be all for it because its flavourful and it sounds like fun but it adds more complexity and pretty much everything Davre said.

SireofSuns likes this.
  13. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Adding Holy damage type would give an IS an essentially exclusive damage type that will have virtually no champs that resist it. I don't think it's a good idea.

14. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Ya that would be cool but like others have said giving IS a unique attack ability may be a bit over the top. I wouldnt mind seeing Domain: Hallowed Ground now that would be cool. Lol

15. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Domain: Hallowed Ground would need to be extremely low cost, since it's rather difficult to make much Hallowed Ground (at the moment at least).

16. Etherielin

True: there are only 3 champs with consecration: Magnus, Northern Cross Cardinal and Euan and 2 champs with trail: HG (Angel of Protection, Crusader). Domain: HG could end up at the same cost as Domain: Shadows (IIRC it's one of the cheaper domains) because of it.

17. SireofSuns

Domain Shadows would be even less useful. All it is is a +2 damage bonus, the other effects are useless on a Stealthed champ. Veiled [Berserker? Stat Bonus: Damage?] would be better for it.
    As for Hallowed Ground, I would be interested to see it become a sub-module for Pallys. Hallowed Ground firking everywhere! :)

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you fallow false gods, that is why there is not attack holy.

MaruXV and TeaNinja like this.
  19. Etherielin

I am talking about nora cost for potential Domain: HG.

20. SireofSuns

Right, I'm saying in a very subtle way that it would cost more, as you can actually benefit from the full ability.

TeaNinja likes this.