Why is G'hern Birthmother such crap when other factions have better spawn champs?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by MadLotar, Apr 1, 2014.

1. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

It's an older champion, powercreep, etc. Also, the spawn mechanic in a moga bg is "better" in some sense because of all the surge:moga units, so the spawns would have to be weaker to compensate for buffing other g'hern/moga aviator, at least in that bg. Finally, SP has a number of other viable swarm champions (instigator, voil king's crypt) which are in some ways a better version of a summon champ (obvious kas guide summons real champions...still not sure whether they can complete quest by killing relics....if they can, that's complete BS).

3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Give ghern birthmother new abilities. (Rev-UP moga pup)=target moga pup gains manic for 4 turns. (Voices of the moga pup)= target moga pup within 2 spaces becomes posessed and recovers 3 ap and gains berserker and manic for 1 turn.:p

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You have to compare G'hern Birthmother to other champs that could spawn/summon near the same release. The one that comes to mind for me is Necromancer. I would put them about on par with each other.

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I never had to test it, but I believe she can enable something like FW/SP summoning bg.
    Peaks tactics boosts summons a lot, SP titan surges from mogas bats and Bane Shift, and other interesting interactions.

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I run her with rite of fertility in fs splits with summoning champs and timmy.

7. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

This was one of the runes I had on my list but Moga Cannon & Mud Ele got the nod instead.

8. MadLotar

Yeah, gift of fertility is legit. I never understood why Angel of Chaos was stripped of it. It doesn't even stack.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  9. Raikan

After watching a moga game or two, they seem to build up a lot of useless moga pups. Maybe birthmother could have an ability that turns a pup into a (semi) useful other moga. The player would then have to choose between building up his surge safely, or using his pups in a way the reduce the surge but helped by creating a semi useful champ.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Pups aren't useless. Most G'hern have Surge: Moga and get +1 to damage for each one of those pups.

11. Raikan

Useless other than the surge ability. Maybe that's enough. But wouldn't it be nice to convert the pups into a moga that can do something? It doesn't effect the overall level of surge, but it avoids the bg being destroy by a 2x aoe over the pups. Like I said, I don't play the bg, but that ability seems like it would make ghern mother much more attractive.

12. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Here's my idea for G'hern Birthmother
    [​IMG]
    Nora Cost: 70 (From 60 to 70)
    Champion Stats:
    Damage: 12 (From 3 to 12. I removed Surge: Moga 1)
    Speed: 5 (No changes)
    Range: 2-4 (No changes)
    Defense: 1 (No changes)
    Health: 50 (Added the upgrade, Stat: Bonus Health 2 here. So from 44 to 50)

Champion Abilities:
    Attack: Magical
    Overseer: Moga 1 (From Overseer: Moga 2 to Overseer: Moga 1)
    Summon: Moga Pup (From Summon: Moga to Summon: Moga Pup. This should be specific)
    Gift of Fertility (Added to base)

Unique

Champion Upgrades:
    Guarded: Moga(New ability)(Whenever this unit is successfully attacked, friendly Mogas within 5 spaces gain 2 AP and +4 DMG for 2 turns. This effect does not stack)(Mogas should be worried when their mother is being attacked)
    Surge: G'hern 1
    Cast: Swimming Lessons(New ability) (For 10 turns, all friendly champions have Amphibious(This champion ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by Water) (I think this spell is not being used anymore. So I think G'hern Birthmother should teach her children to swim.) CD: 5 AP: 4
    Deploy: G'hern Scarecrow(New abiility) (Deploy a G'hern Scarecrow relic on an adjacent space. G'hern Scarecrow - This relic has Overseer: Moga 3(G'hernbound units within 6 spaces are not penalized by G'hernbound) (Same thing with Swimming Lessons. I think this relic isn't being used anymore. So.. ) CD: 4 AP: 0

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Love the idea for guarded and deploy ghern scarecrow. I love ghern scarecrow!!!

0ryuk0 likes this.
  14. MadLotar

Both of these are pretty awesome but what about replacing Surge: G'hern 1, with protective?

15. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

I had a thought 'bout that but.. I think this G'hern will only be protective over her children, which are mogas. But her race is G'hern. So.. I didn't put it. Anything else better ability than Surge: G'hern 1?
    I removed Boost: Moga(any ranks) ability. Any ranks of Boost: Moga would be OP when combined with Guarded: Moga. Boost: Moga 1 will give mogas +6HP and +1DMG. When Guarded: Moga triggers, all mogas within 5 spaces will gain, +5DMG and +2AP(Plus the AP they have) which would be OP.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  16. MadLotar

I remember talking about the birthmother in another thread and a few of us were discussing an ability similar spawnpool guardian's swamp teaching; it would randomly transform a moga pup into either an axe, crossbow, or shield bearer so to play off of Moga Team 6's and Moga Assault Team's modular ability.

17. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Protective: Moga and Guarded: Moga (e.g. she takes no damage from attacks when adjacent to friendly Moga).

18. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

Idk, back in the day she servedthe purposes of a spawn champ that was also a cheap overseer and alt damage source. Increasing her cost and giving her more aggressive abilities makes her compete more directly with isangoma.