Why is it that I never stop to eat at Wendy's?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Apr 3, 2021.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Almost 3 years living in the US. I have heard they have good soup or something.

What am I doing wrong

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Nothing?

At least as far as eating (or not) at Wendy's goes anyway. As someone who's lived here longer than you, I can assure you that eating there is not a requirement. Hope you've otherwise enjoyed your time in the States though.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Where in the US are you Burn?

Where do you go instead? McDonald's, Burger King, White Castle, Whataburger, Jack in the Box, In and Out, or something else?

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

NC

Bojangles, Sonic, Chipotle. Overall the chains not very impressive

5. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

Chipotle slaps

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

You are doing right. Stay away from fast food it is poison. Most US food is GMO poison grown with glyphosate.

Ohmin and BurnPyro like this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I've eaten at Wendy's twice in my life and neither visit occurred within the last two decades. I think I'm considered family by my local Chinese place though...

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

To be fair we had wendy's here I never went to it , and it was nearby
    lol

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Only good thing at Wendy's is the Spicy Nuggets. Mega cheap and halfway tasty. I wouldn't bother otherwise.

10. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

All fast food in the US is ok not great. Haven't gotten fast food in many years for that reason

BurnPyro likes this.
  11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It's all mediocre, but it has one thing going for it. It is consistent. You know when you order it in North Carolina it will be the same as Minnesota, Texas, or California. So if you're someone who doesn't like spicy food, has dietary restrictions, etc, you can find something that you can eat when you don't know any of the other options.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Most annoying thing about fast food is that each chain has its own version of menus that comes with sides and other moveable parts, and I only have so much time to stand in the line to decipher the madness.

This is probably also more me as a foreigner + masks due to covid, but it's hard to understand the staff explaining to me just what types of drink I can or can't get with the menu before they charge me extra.

profhulk and SPiEkY like this.
  13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I have similar issues. It seems like each chain's menu is the sort of thing that needs to be studied for a while before you can even know what they have and what's a good deal. Sometimes I'll stand off to one side and let a couple people order before me so I can look at the menu board(s) for a bit before I go up to the register and order. I probably come off looking like some kind of Austismo, but I am, so people can deal with it.

Side note: I had Wendy's earlier today, and was surprised to find the Jr Bacon Cheeseburger was half decent. Overall experience was maybe 6.5-7/10. Probably gonna be a while 'till I go there again, but this thread had me thinking about it, so I went.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I only eat Wild Mustard because it's what God intended.

[​IMG]

profhulk likes this.
  15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

this is why I like the machine interfaces to order

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

burger, fries, coke, done

its not hard

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger.

18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

well if you want to get specific you say,

"Hi can I get a..... (the pause is important) .... double baconator...... MEAL...... with pub fries instead of regular fries.... with a coke. Yes pub fries. Large. No....that's all."

IMAGIRL, SPiEkY and darklord48 like this.
  19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Don't eat any fast food man, it is terrible for you and why most of the United States has an obesity problem. Processed food, + fake sugars, and no exercise is why we have a giant health problem. Try eating at a local bbq place or a local burger joint, almost always better, cheaper, and better ingredients.

If you have to do wendy's can't go wrong with a junior bacon cheese burger. Stay safe.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Portions are out of control too. I bet that local BBQ place or burger joint serve up meals that are 1500+ calories.

super71 and SPiEkY like this.