Why is ok...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axeraiser, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

For Gekaal to do nearly 40 damage for one attack ? This has always been completely ****ed in my opinion and with the nerfs to DoTs I was expecting him to get tapped but still, no. Thoughts?

Pattn199 likes this.
  2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

It's a 90 nora drop. Only 6 speed, and only 1-3 range, only 48 hp with no def.

I find that he can be one-rounded with relative ease and is easy to avoid/prepare for. And if you can't it's still a 90 nora drop, you should be able to tempo him even if you lose a 60-something or relic in the process contesting.

Goyo and Alakhami like this.
  3. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Encourages alt damage and non-basic attacks. To survive you gotta adapt boi

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Buff tough

5. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

bruh ur comment has nothing whatsoever to do with what he's complaining about.

But ya, Tough to 5-9-13

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

It also overpays for the dots by 15 nora. Buff gekaal.

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Geekal is so easy to play around anymore it's a joke with all the alternate attacks. Iron fist players would complain about nothing when their faction has been silly for half a year.

Alakhami likes this.
  9. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Your sense of time is a marvel to the world.

BurnPyro, Karmavore and Pattn199 like this.
  10. Axeraiser

Are we pretending 90 nora is really a tempo hit to FS with the best nora gen in the game ? Only 6 speed ( a better 7 speeder due to leap 3 ) , 48 hp is low ? , no defence but it has 1 with nora ?

Regardless my point was directed to the fact that his DoTs were not changed during the tone down of all dots, 1 attack still has the capability of doing near 40 damage. Thats insane.

11. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

IS is still pretty silly. It's pretty much like UD but much tankier and has access to much more various stat boosts.

super71, SaintKiwi and OriginalG1 like this.
  12. bagoftrick

where is the figure 40 coming from? one attack would only generate 15 damage if all dots applied, plus of course his basic attack only gives 23 at the click of end turn (double tapping would net you 31 damage) on a unit with zero defense or no ranks of tough.

13. Axeraiser

The dots are rank 3, so 15 from the first turn, 10 the turn after, 5 the turn after, + his basic attack.

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

SP and FS are the top factions without a doubt. IS is a third. I don't really know what the order for the rest of the factions is but SP and FS have a significant power advantage over IS. IS is has a little power advantage over the other 5.
    You can't really talk when you've made the most nerf threads out of ANYONE in the last few months.

Vorian likes this.
  15. bagoftrick

o sorry i forgot tht my opponent might run cleanse therefore negating any effects after the first attck (only the first proc is guaranteed.) you made it sound like the 40 was a first turn thing.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Deal with it.

noamkeren and doubtofbuddha like this.
  17. Axeraiser

I dont know why I bothered, not even one rational reply.

Pattn199 likes this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If by "rational reply" you mean someone who already agrees with you, then yeah, not a single one. Part of playing games is actually playing the game -- adapting, tweaking, learning, doing stuff. Re-designing away gut reaction problems, or really any problem that has had no real observation and testing period after any alert time, is fundamentally toxic. It's not only, I feel, an awful way to approach design, it's an even worse way for a player to go about engaging with a game. The player assumes they are no longer player, but designer, with all the arrogance and desire for control associated therewith, and none of the technical skill.

That said, I absolutely respect your opinions as a player, and value whatever you have to say when it comes to responding to strategic or tactical problems within the confines of the game; that's a respect that extends to every other player, and which I hope everyone shares. But players and designers are different things. I think it's a damn shame that Sok, with the best of intentions, invites a destruction of that distinction.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

gekaal is just alright so idk why this thread is a thing

Flyingfinn, poinl and super71 like this.
  20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

He just got indirectly nerfed by the loss of secondary effects on conditions, so I'm positive he's far from being OP. If he's "easy" to deploy because FS makes a lot of nora, that's a nora gen issue, nothing to do with Gekaal.

super71 and Goyo like this.