Why pox died....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anotherblackman, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Cause you didn't listen to your TOKEN BLACK GUY!.

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I thought it was because the only black rune they made was that ginger haired white girl.

Markus422 likes this.
  3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

BBOY STANCE IS RACISM

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I don't think listening to you would be an intelligent business situation under any circumstance

Bondman007 likes this.
  5. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

I think only a white person would talk about being black as much as you do

Sealer0 likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That is a mystery even I can't explain. I honestly don't know why that happened.

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Because the flavor text references breakdancing and someone who probably hasn't (hadn't? MY ENGLISH IS POOR) seen snow in his lifetime did not know that black ice was a thing made it a racially charged issue.

Can of worms etc...

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Maybe. But none of the designers that worked on Pox would have had that issue, and it'd have been easier to just change the flavor text if that was the case.

Perhaps legal got involved - when legal gets involved, you just capitulate because it's easier.

9. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Because CorpsEater left.

10. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

The new engine and port to playstation basically just failed? It didn't draw in a new playerbase, AND it was just flat out worse than the old client (at least for me, for example, I stopped playing poxnora because the new client just flat out didn't work properly on my computer at all, but even for those it did work for... many client lobby features simply stopped existing or got worse) maybe poxnora was dying before this port, but the port sucked up a lot of resources that could've been used in other ways and ended up returning nothing... Although I think part of the death was sony milking the fanbase too hard, with things like legionaries, power creep, fewer commons and more exotics, etc... I feel like DOG worked hard to fix all those problems, I was optimistic, right up until the new client/port came out. For me, that will always be the death knell. At least personally. Maybe in an alternate universe a switch port could've gained more traction than a ps4 port and saved the company/game.

11. bigbluebeast82

bigbluebeast82 The King of Potatoes

Yes, the new client was terrible! It ran worse than the old client! I stopped playing because of how poorly implemented the new client was...

12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you mean teascholar?