Why the left is being stupid.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

This is why I have two brothers, always do experiments in duplicate.

( of course exceptions for baskit for we only have the one)

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Aw, man, that sounds so much more scientific!

I should petition my parents for another brother, I need a control group.

Geressen likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh you misunderstand, I deal with people from all over the world for work, I don't think Americans are somehow "inherently bad people" or something. I just think your is very poorly designed/played out and you are paying the price for it (as a nation). I'm sure that there's plenty of nice communities and nice people and that you can have a great life. You can probably have a great life about almost anywhere. It's just so that the average person in the US is dealing with a lot more issues (healthcare, political system, education, etc) than say a Canadian or proper western European country. I could for the life of me not be bothered to deal with half the hurdles that you guys seem to have to take, while they could easily be avoided (in my opinion). There's probably issues that I deal with that you don't, which I'm not paying attention to.
    But overal, I am not convinced that living in the US for the average joe is so much more awesome than in other proper western nations.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I think you think the average American is dealing with a lot of issues. But most Americans are making their own way, being rewarded for their hard work and living their life. Everyone has issues, 100% of people, we do just fine and then some. It's the reason people come here from everywhere else in the world. We can pretend it's not the best place to be... but, reality and stuff.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

And all standard of living indexes would not even put you in the top 10. A country where your democracy isn't even ranked top 10, press isn't top 10 etc etc.

In a country where the number one reason for bankruptcy is medical bills, you need to be oblivious to claim you're the best. In a country with 33000 gun related deaths each year. A country where people are not treated in hospitals without insurance. A country that has a grade of D in infrastructure.

Keep the dream alive

Geressen likes this.
  6. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Lmao not doomsdaying anything just simply facing the reality of a crazy man in office whose favorite subject is nukes and pulling away from our allies.

Geressen likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yet still, theres a line of people wanting in. People give a fukc about press rankings? Lol. I'm not even sure we're on the same planet.

8. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

That you are asking if people care makes me think you don't understand what a press rating means in this context.

jeeperz2 and Geressen like this.
  9. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

From a tv-series, but interesting nonetheless:

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Freedom of press is influenced by the presence of scandinavian,germanic and Irish people in 2016.
    [​IMG]

this one is reporting things slightly diffirently, I think most people will like it better because yaaaay green area is bigger.
    [​IMG]

My question would be how come Macedonia switched between Difficult situation for Reporters without borders, to free in the one from Freedom house.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What show is that from?

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So your definition of the greatest country is based on the desire of people to come to your country.

Not by the actual facts, but how other people outside your country feel about the facts. Sums up American attitude in one sentence.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

And didn't Spain make it illegal to criticize their government's royalty or something not too long ago? I'd think that would make "freedom of the press" a bit of an issue there, unless they fixed that.

"The Newsroom."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Newsroom_(U.S._TV_series)

Geressen likes this.
  14. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

The newsroom: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1870479/

It was an entertaining watch and there are some interesting topics being touched upon, but in my opinion it doesn't bring enough depth to those topics.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Probably why they're yellow like USA instead of white like the good countries.

@Poxpoints @Ohmin

ty ty, might check it out if it's worth the watch, though im pretty cramped on tv shows already

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I couldn't give a Bane Shift how people outside the country view the country lol.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Then why are you making the argument that statistics don't matter, because you keep making the argument
    Exactly what qualifies America to be that great if it's not statistics and data? Not feelings from people outside the country either. Just feelings from people inside the country then?

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Look brobro. Just like you feel the need to spend so much time boohooing about how terrible America is, and how much you love that subject, that doesn't mean the total sum of our life experience is somehow less. You like reading about how terrible America is, data sources feed it to you. It's a popular subject. I get it. Lemmings and such. What I'm saying is basically(to everyone and their dog): shove your stats and your opinions.

Do people give shts about your country? Do they constantly feel the need to opine on the state of your life based on what some other dumb fck put in a graph/article? Do they have it all figured out but have never had the honor of living there. If they have lived there, are they staying or leaving? See where I'm goin with this?

When that happens, lemme know, we'll go have a beer and laugh at the idiots together.

profhulk likes this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Yes, according to american media;

Burnpyro lives amongst no go zones where violent extremist muslim religious police own the streets
    Boozha wants to conquer the world because he is german and they are doing it through the EU now.
    My country is going straight to hell and we are all on drugs all the time.

20. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ni-is-like-trump-what-can-italy-teach-america

This is kinda interesting, everyone says that Trump is the new Berlusconi, so based on that there should be lessons to be learnt from Italy.

The main point being that people carping on about how disgusting Berlusconi was, and how idiotic it is to vote from him, didn't stop him winning three elections -- his supporters simply stopped listening.

The challenge is to find a way to criticise him that will resonate with his supporters, and with an adaptable partisan press that will shift narratives when they run into conclusive evidence.

You can see how hard this is to do, since the Russian blackmail story should do just that by appealing to the same xenophopia/patriotism/isolationism that is part of Trump's appeal. But, released without any real evidence it also furthers the idea that the establishment is waging a disinformation campaign.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Geressen likes this.