why was i banned from the discord etherlien

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Sep 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

just curious, it seemed i got banned without warning & no message

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Why did etherlien ban pox's #2 100% Latino player (me)?

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I added a message to the ban on Discord, but I guess that tracks just for the audit log and isn't sent to the banned person.

In any case I have banned you for your long history of racist, hateful rhetorics that were posted over the years both here and - when you were more active on it - on Discord. You can still play the game and talk here (for now) but I run a very strict 0 tolerance policy on hate speech and neonazi-like remarks, thus the ban. You can appeal, of course, and it will be reviewed by the mod team.

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

@Etherielin Could you share just 1 single example of a racist, neonazi remark I have made?

[edit] Also if you seriously believe I am a hateful, racist, neonazi, why on earth would you still allow me to play the game or post on the forums? Aren't you concerned about me abusing people racistly on the in-game chat or on a forum post?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  5. Etherielin

Hate speech.
    upload_2022-9-13_21-46-22.png
    upload_2022-9-13_21-47-19.png

Supporting an actual fascist. (and a likely to be confirmed traitor to your country, if not the entire world)
    upload_2022-9-13_21-50-22.png upload_2022-9-13_21-50-37.png upload_2022-9-13_21-50-58.png

Any of the 7 warnings on forums you'd like me to share with the class? There's a couple of years of postings to be listed. As for the game and forums you have not been banned on either (yet) because:
    1. You do not cause issues ingame by trying to spread your views there.
    2. You do not *currently* cause issues on forums.

I made the decision to remove your presence from Discord because it's a far more fluid and rapid environment than the forums and I will not tolerate any racist, fascist, **** or hate speech remarks there.

On the final note I want to remind you again that you can appeal the ban and have it be reviewed by the mod team. Good day.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

@Etherielin @Slugbait @Sokolov
    • Is "Lagomorph" the account that you banned? Or did you ban a different account?
    • Did the account that you banned say anything bannable?
    • Why are you banning a different account, more than 1 year after the bannable offense from a different account?
    • If "f4ggot" is a bannable word, why have you not banned the following users who are in the discord logs as having used the word:
      • MikeLin
      • PoxMunch
      • Frits25
      • Imba
      • Quod Praesidium
    • Why are you allowed to use the word "f4ggot" but others aren't? Do your rules not apply to Moderators/Developers?
      upload_2022-9-13_16-21-22.png
    • As for the other screenshots, could you please clarify if you will be banning anyone who voted for or supported Donald Trump in the U.S. election? Or is this rule selectively only applied to me?

Attached Files:

super71, L33Ch and SPiEkY like this.
  7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

You have "wrong think", you must be punished for not bowing down.

Speech, by definition, is just sound from our vocal cords. It has no "power" like radicals claim. Punishing those who disagree with you is the opposite of a free society, and from what I can see it looks like hypocrisy.

vipoid, L33Ch, SPiEkY and 1 other person like this.
  8. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

Better judgement should allow me to avoid this conversation entirely but there are a few things here that really bother me. First, I would like to say to Etherielin that after coming on the discord forums and giving you the benefit of the doubt, I do find you to be a pretty nice person and one of the main reasons I am even wasting my time to write this is in the hopes that you can open your mind a bit about some of the positions you are taking here. First and foremost, the part about "supporting a fascist" is just awful, people have a right to support any candidate they would like to, and it is just flat out wrong to try and persecute them for that choice. As someone who is against hate I implore you to consider how much your own hate is clouding your judgment here. The rest of it I will offer you this to consider. You are expecting people to be tolerant/considerate of others who have different viewpoint/lifestyle(understandable), and you say you will not tolerate any hate, yet in the same breath you judge them and make reaching accusations for holding a viewpoint different than your own. This is complete hypocrisy and I hope you can open your eyes to that.

Tweek516, L33Ch, profhulk and 2 others like this.
  9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

@Etherielin Try to ignore this, petty tyrant, but I'm not going away.

10. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

Most likely u will get banned here also, just as Ohmin and many of the other more interesting characters that once posted an intelligent alt narrative on this forum.

Once banned it appears difficult to regain posting privileges on any alts u might create, which explains some of the reason why this place is so dead.

Since a jewish friend was banned here for alleged neo-nasty propaganda ! o_O I rarely even bother to log in anymore...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    newsbuff likes this.
  11. Etherielin

Ohmin isn't banned, FWIW. I checked.

@newsbuff I'll respond tomorrow as I have real life obligations to take care of and couldn't respond earlier. You can still appeal your ban instead of creating some sort of false narrative here. It doesn't help your case.

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Dang @Etherielin , I was for his ban until he caught you in the discord saying the same thing lol. Double standards, don't apply here I guess. Can't stand when liberals complain about other people using offensive words, and then do the same. Glass houses or something

@newsbuff Unfortunately you were banned most likely because your a conservative, and that viewpoint has always been silenced on poxnora forums. Also some of the crap you said was still over the top mehn, I get it your trying to provoke people, but don't you get bored of that man.

Also @Etherielin if your doing the balance changes, I like bastion again so good work.

This is how adults disagree children

13. NaNcy

NaNcy The King of Potatoes

Perhaps they were referring to a bundle of sticks?

Really wish people would move on from that orange Firk…

You lost, get over it.

14. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

This is merely an extension of the wider culture. Eventually, given how things are going, every potentially harmful word will likely be banned. Give it 10-20 years, calling someone dumb, dimwitted, an assh...e (for example, bodypositive and "mentally challenged" people will be called upon in the virtually detached protest if/when the well-fed garbage knowledge of hyperethical standards to mask the lack of true sense of morality gets accumulated ever so proliferously) will be deemed no less of a crime due to its illicit associations. Be condemned to be linguistically euphemized whilst believing that you live in a free democratic world.

On the topic however: personally, such people are usually harmless. Even though the context of the messages is limited, it is clear that newsbuff was not utilizing the "blasphemous words" to harm and merely carries within him a charming liking for anachronisms. I do not understand how the political screenshots are relevant at all, if not perhaps for the reason of @Etherielin subconsiously subverting the weight of his administrative decision, exposing the political bias towards an ideology that is likely deemed evil.

The word "fa....t" if I recall correctly, is not solely associated in its semantic area with "gayness", as is the word gay, which initially meant something close to jubilant. In school we used to call cigarettes f..s (some I think still do), and among ourselves jokingly called each other f....ts from time to time, and on the internet. I don't think it's healthy to ban a word just because its signifier is sometimes attached to homosexuality. It's like cutting off the head of a hydra only for it to grown back.

Knowing that Gnomes is white, surely the use of "n...a" did not bear any connotations of colour discrimination. Again, it's a familiar tone. Black people in America reappropriated the word and turned it from a negative into a positive, suggesting with it a communal familiarity between themselves. Since black music has pervaded the wider culture, white people have also joined into that. It would be cool if one day we could all call each other "ni..as", for their example actually proves a healthy way of reappropriating such "bad words", disarming their potential, mitigating their acidic qualities. Do not forget that etymologically, it merely means "black" in Latin, tracing it's roots to neg/nokt with meanings such as "bare", "naked", "night" among IndoEuropean languages.

Words are flexible. If people only perceive them within a perspective of ethical imperatives and psychological fragility, it tells much more about the person rather than the speaker.

Just my two cents.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
    profhulk, newsbuff and SPiEkY like this.
  15. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'd like to take a moment to make this topic exclusively about me.

On a serious note though, I think @Beth is satan, and his hypocrisy is really just his embodiment of natural state of being, the deceiver. He cares nothing of morality, and only wishes to further his power at the expense of those he thinks he can bully and get away with. It's a shame that demons have taken hold of modern society, but also nice to see people supporting newsbuff and helping to defend him against satan.

I could defend my argument against the "intellectual" community that supports satan, but really we are past the point of words in society as a whole. While this respite is nice, it will not change anything until satan and his minions are expelled.

profhulk likes this.
  16. Slugbait

Slugbait Administrator Octopi

This thread is going places.

newsbuff, SPiEkY and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  17. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

That’s some pretty stiff feelings people are wearing on their sleeves there. While I generally would not use the verbiage that @newsbuff used, he’s certainly entitled to the opinion and there was certainly no hate to it from my perspective. But each their own I guess.

18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Let us truly breakdown the meaning of the word ******.

According to Oxford languages at google

Etymology: Greek(phakelos)----> italian(***otto)--->old french(***ot)----> middle english(******)
    *phakelos=bundle

***.got

1. a gay man.

2. a bundle of sticks or twigs bound together as fuel.

3. a cigarette (I added this)

I had planned on listing some urban dictionary definitions for ******. As it turns out many urban dictionary contributors favor the south park definition of the word so I will just post the video.

20. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I specifically went out of my way to state that I wasn't saying f@g to attack TheMacca's homosexuality (which is a protected status), but to attack his retardation (fair game, same as calling someone a dumb@ss or idiot). I even said "no offense to actual homos."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.