Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alan, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Alan

Alan The King of Potatoes

Why do people dq when they are losing a match? does it keep you from losing rank?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No. It just makes the other person wait 5 minutes for the game to end. They are just trying to be rude -- not that it's very effective.

mortal ix and xaznsoulx like this.
  3. Alan

has happened to me a few time already, why not just surrender. Guess butt hurt is butt hurt lol

Karamasov likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

please refer to my other topic :p

xaznsoulx likes this.
  5. Alan

should we call these people out lol literally in a game right now and it is happening

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think what we should do is take 5 minutes to go to the bathroom and get a drink of water as a victory celebration.

mortal ix, darkpally5, Chris and 2 others like this.
  7. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

I've said in the past that there needs to be some sort of penalty system in place. League has you lose lp and "timeout". However in this case there is no real way to distinguish between a dc and a rq.

8. I wonder if there's an alternative explanation. There's a bug that happens to me a lot. The forfeit button doesn't work!

So I have to Alt-F4 out of the game then decline the rejoin, just to get into queue again. I wonder if that causes the 5 min wait for opponent.

9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

and if he comes back in that time lapse?

10. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Shame him

11. Chris

No, as soon as they click no the game ends, i have experienced this many times.

12. Alan

so my next question would be this, what's to stop someone from quitting re-logging in and quitting again? Asentialy forcing you to wait 5x minutes?.

13. Chris

I think after a few d/ced it boots you out so this doesnt happen. I have never experienced intentional quitting and re-logging.

14. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Easy. So you can turn to this song for 5 minutes.

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I had a person dc on me just last game on purpose, granted I did essence drain 2 of his beefy tanks, and then he used consume and healed to full health with that myx monster with 3 defense, hunter small, and like 55 health nothing a good old shanking can't fix. Screw sl and that bonus I got insta kills for days. Sad part is if shanks failed I had doom also.

I would have dced also and maybe raged a bit, so I can't really blame him. Something about essence drain is dirty.