Wikileaks, Champion of the little guy.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by davre, Nov 13, 2017.

1. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Hey guys, remember how wikileaks built a reputation as a non-partisan organization dedicated to preserving the transparency that is so vital to a functioning democracy?

Every citizen wins when we keep politician honest by exposing their lies. It doesn't matter what party you belong to - if you're hiding something from your constituents, wikileaks has got you in its sights.

Right?

BurnPyro and nepyonisdead like this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

“Hey Don. We have an unusual idea,” WikiLeaks wrote on October 21, 2016. “Leak us one or more of your father’s tax returns.” WikiLeaks then laid out three reasons why this would benefit both the Trumps and WikiLeaks. One, The New York Times had already published a fragment of Trump’s tax returns on October 1; two, the rest could come out any time “through the most biased source (e.g. NYT/MSNBC).”

It is the third reason, though, WikiLeaks wrote, that “is the real kicker.” “If we publish them it will dramatically improve the perception of our impartiality,” WikiLeaks explained. “That means that the vast amount of stuff that we are publishing on Clinton will have much higher impact, because it won’t be perceived as coming from a ‘pro-Trump’ ‘pro-Russia’ source.” It then provided an email address and link where the Trump campaign could send the tax returns, and adds, “The same for any other negative stuff (documents, recordings) that you think has a decent chance of coming out. Let us put it out.”​

That is my favorite part: "We want to leak your tax returns (with your permission) so that we can pretend to be neutral and tricks the people."

Tweek516 and Geressen like this.
  3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

now i like them even more

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  4. davre

Yep, it is definitely cool and good when an organization pretends to be promoting a healthy democracy when their actions and intents are actually to subvert and undermine democracy which, if you think about it, is a pretty lousy form of government anyway. If a government without civil rights is good enough for 1.6 billion Chinese, it's good enough for me!

5. davre

6. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Summarize in 21 words or less.

7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

So you are a fellow nat soc??

1504095204480s.jpg

8. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Get the Firk back to /pol/ bateman.