Will this game become popular again? (more than ever)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bossermax, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Bossermax

Bossermax New Member

Hi,

I played back when the game was kinda new and there was always 300-500 players online, matchmaking was almost instant.

I quit when the peak was about 100 players online, and 20-40 in ranked at most. It was almost impossible to find a ranked match that wasn't badly different. I would get matched against the top 10 players in the world when my rank was no where near that high. In the end I basically ended up quitting over a lack of players and the fact it took me forever to find a match.

I understand the game is coming out soon to PS4 and Vita which is exciting for me. But will Poxnora become popular and then die out? Or will they use the money they gain from this, to actually advertise this game and put it out there, much like Hearthstone is (obviously I don't expect it to get this popular) but that would be amazing.

I only want to come back to a game that will thrive in the future, I don't want to invest loads of money in something that will eventually die out. So I want to be sure they plan on making this game popular by paying out for advertisements/ads etc.

What do you guys think? Will Poxnora become popular, even more so than it was at the peak when I played?

It's an amazing game and if it ever dies out like it did when I quit, it would be very upsetting and almost like dejavu.

Sadly I no longer have my old account, and cannot recover it back either. I spent a fortune on this game, shame I can't get it back and have to start over :(

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@Senshu Perhaps you can help this guy with his account recovery.

To address your concerns:
    Pox scores 130-150 players on weekends, 80-120 during work days. Ranked play has been reworked as well and leagues are independent of rating - they're a proof of how much you play nowadays rather than actual skill.

As for whether it will become popular or not - we'll see. Personally, I spread the word wherever I can and I remember Sokolov saying that they're waiting with advertising until the new client is out.

JellyBerry and jeeperz2 like this.
  3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I doubt it will ever reach 500 players again, I always remain hopeful though. I feel like they missed too large of an opportunity with the steam release.

Here is a current list of problems in my opinion trading system is still garbage, pack system is garbage, ai still is bad, too many abilities, no on site ability list, no faction specific packs balance is really bad right now also, oh and bugs always bugs.

If they can fix some of these things they might be able to retain a few players from ps4 release.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Etherielin, thank for the call out on this.

There are a few parts to your question.

First, we can assist you in recovering your Pox Nora account. Please go to https://www.poxnora.com/index.do and click on help and then fill in the Contact Support information.

Second, Pox Nora has changed a lot since you last played. It is no longer a requirement to use credits to get content. The majority of the content can be obtained just by playing, and we have added several reward systems to give players a more definitive goal to work towards on a daily, weekly, etc. basis.

Third, the majority of our focus is on developing the all new game client for Pox Nora. This is a massive undertaking, but this is designed to improve the how players interact with the game and help new players get into the game faster.

Forth, yes there will be advertising once the game is released on the PlayStation platforms, but our goal is to establish a long term sustainable player population. Sustaining a player base over 10 years is not an easy thing. Every game sees falloff. We want to make sure what and how we advertise will be acting towards building a sustainable player population. Our focus is for Pox Nora to continue for many years to come.

JellyBerry, Anima26, jeeperz2 and 5 others like this.
  5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The best way to bring in new players is to create updated Pox Harbingers and give them out for free. Makes sense to me. :)

6. Etherielin

They could be a reward for "The Angels Descend" or for "The Ancients Arrive" campaign. Either of works.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Except that those campaigns are (story-wise) Angel-centric and Avatar-centric, respectively.

8. Etherielin

I know, but arguably the Harbingers are angels too. :p

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I guess, but I think it'd be easier to release LEG versions and just give out a bunch with the PS4 release

JellyBerry and Etherielin like this.
  10. Etherielin

And then the LEGs would be in the Rune Forge? If so, sounds good to me.

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Bossermax

Bossermax New Member

Thank you for your response, I will try to get my old account back. Also I am hopeful for this game in the near future. I hope the PS releases go well. It sounds like there's a lot of potential for this game to grow once you feel comfortable to advertise. Especially with this being downloadable on PS4 soon, that will definitely bring some attention to the game. I for one would prefer to casually play Poxnora on console over PC. So i'm looking forward to that.

Edit: Also I really like the new system (new for me anyway it wasn't there when I last played) with rune forging and the F2P rewards seem a lot more generous than before, this is something that will keep me playing each day. So good job there.

12. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

maybe at usa awake times, but the euro only times can see around only 40 players online total, ive also seen less. it seems between euro and usa times sees the most (100 or so) and usa only times (euro am) sees around 80 give or take and then peters out.

13. Etherielin

I'm talking EU and US post-work peak times.

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Cause that worked so well with the Renovators...

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  15. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

All we can do is hope with the release of poxnora on PS4 it gets the love and attention it deserves. It really is a shame that it hasn't gotten any attention just considering how much more balanced it is compared to how it use to be which is what most of the players who left complained about.

16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Balance is terrible right now, we have a total of like ten competitive themes in top ranks about 4 of them are in fw, 1 or 2 in sp, 1 in sl, some dwarves maybe is meta and then fairies. This is what pox has turned into.

17. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It always a challenge to build hype or interest in games that have been around for a long period of time and reaching the proper audience. Being on the PS4 is a step to reinvigorate the interest and expand the reach of Pox Nora.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  18. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Can you please define "competitive themes in top ranks" here? Because I could easily list 20-30 deck archetypes that any veteran player could maintain a high rank with.

For clarification, is that 1 in SL deck dragons or skeezick?

SPiEkY, JellyBerry and Anima26 like this.
  19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just because everyone plays the same theme doesn't mean those are the only themes that can be played at a high rank.

SPiEkY, JellyBerry and Etherielin like this.
  20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

idk but the players who are good at the games pvp need to have more power over the changes being made to the runes. The devs struggle to make the right changes because they dont really know how to play this game well, it takes them forever to get it right. They seem to be doing a much better job than whats been done in the past but its still not good enough to me.