windows 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xplint, Dec 9, 2016.

1. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

can i run poxnora using windows 10? it isnt mentioned in the requirements..

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it seems like no, at least with my pc, when i try it's super laggy

I believe it started once I switched to windows 10

OriginalG1, super71 and xplint like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I am running Windows 10 and Pox runs fine, so anecdotally, yes.

xplint likes this.
  4. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Yep, running high end system with DX 11 and Windows 10 64 bit and it does fine. Welcome to Pox!

EDIT: Its an older game and runs fine on a newer system is what I meant.

xplint likes this.
  5. xplint

alright, thanks guys
    and im not new, just joining back after a long break :)

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

In general, Windows 10 kills a lot of games from what I've seen/heard - and you really need to update drivers (though that doesn't always help).

I am running Windows 10 though and Pox does run fine (though the current client does lag after a few games, but that's a general issue, not one specific to Win 10).

7. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

my friend who plays very casually, (I try to encourage him),, recently dl'ed win10.
    he cant even play anymore, to laggy,, it ran fine before even tho he has a low end comp..
    any quick fixes to look for that can help him out? dont know specs.
    I guess drivers are a good start, any help is appreciated.

OriginalG1 and super71 like this.
  8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Windows is an absolute nightmare anymore, with every forced update they make people do more and more becomes broken. They could have stopped at windows 7 or windows xp and been perfectly fine as those were the last 2 good systems. No money to be made though without spamming your consumers with updates so here we are, windows, apple, or linux which are all pretty Bane Shift.

Many people run businesses using old windows systems because they were just overall better, after windows 8 updated by itself one night while I slept and ****ed up all my company Bane Shift, luckily I had an external, I sold everything windows related and went to apple, I don't like apple really but at least they don't force updates that Firk everything up.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are several games (non-Pox) I have that plays much worse under Win 10, and I haven't been able to fix those even after driver updates.

Aside from drivers, I know that there is a case where Windows 10 will default to the onboard graphics card instead of using your good one.

super71 likes this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Meanwhile, Windows 7 is still beautiful.

Etherielin and Leadrz like this.
  11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Saw people updating. After Windows 8. I went back to 7 and told it to never change.

(Forced updates are a terrible idea and they went and changed the traditional layout, if it's not broke don't fix it. Plus you know as sok said it breaks games)

Etherielin, super71 and SPiEkY like this.
  12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

It's actually hurt many people, my grandma had windows 8 and trying to explain the new stuff to her was a nightmare all because windows forced people to accept it. Some guy was actually suing windows not that long ago for similar problems.

Leadrz likes this.
  13. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

im not 100%,, but I remember my wife telling me when she turned on the comp it had offered her a free upgrade to win10,, she clicked decline and continued to use comp normally.
    So within a week I had talked to my friend ,, and he started telling me pox was acting crazy,,,, so I was like did u dl the new OS,,, and he was like yea :(.
    so they did offer my wife the option,, but some people say it was auto . (maybe people who have auto update are affected? ).
    has anyone else been offered an option to decline?

14. nivekflakes

nivekflakes I need me some PIE!

on all three of my laptops I was offered a chance to decline. Initially I upgraded them all to Win 10, but pox ran poorly on two of them so I actually switched one back just to keep playing pox ;) Also on the one I switched back, it kept trying to get me to schedule an upgrade back, and I had to keep going in and cancelling it. Really annoying.

super71 and bambino like this.
  15. xplint

and i have another question, do i have to have java installed in my pc in order to play this game?

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I declined for half a year. one night i went to bed with W8 woke up b used my laptop. bam W10.

17. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Linux is not that bad imho. Pox run very smoothly on it with multiarch and wine.

I hope the new client can work on the native OS with no workaround