Windsprinter

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by KelRama, Feb 28, 2017.

1. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Since wind sprinter was my favourite rune 3 years ago.. i wanted to ask.. is windsprinter still good ? I memories that zephyrshield was different.. Oo ?

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

He's not really that good. He takes too much work to get his protections up and must use all of his AP to keep them up. Even if you have multiple stack of Zephyr Shield up, his HP are so low AoEs can kill him. No Khan Do is a much better defensive ability these days. Those champs just have to end their turns with AP to get the protections up.

He would need something like Hit and Run in order to be able to attack and get stacks of Zephyr Shield. Quest: Runner would help him with his low HP.

Windsprinter was one of my favorite runes, long ago.

Etherielin and Elves Rule like this.
  3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh I still love him but he's just not good.
    Best way I could ever use him was to equip shield of thorns.
    But yeh you have to spend 4 ap (and disengage because no mobility) to make them spend 3.

Xirone likes this.
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, you can get into a fight with a few stacks (which go away after 4 turns) but once you are in a fight, you can't attack because you must keep the shield up. His HP is so low he's dead if the shield goes away. As you point out, you must spend 4 AP to mitigate a 3 AP attack. No khan Do, conversely, takes no movement to become active, costs 2 AP to mitigate a 3 AP attack, and costs less than Zephyr Shield.

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Wow didn't know that. Pretty silly.

6. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Hm, thats sad. He was a beast back in the days..

7. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I tried telling @Sokolov at one point to just consolidate Zephyr Shield and No Khan do at one point but it was denied.

Hit and run would definitely help this guy see more action but even then his HP is low and an ability like Quest: Runner could help him gain HP through the use of AP.