Windstriker ST/SP bg

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Heart, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/c6WCaNC1@C1NCuwczPCiVc3QC96s5Qs3ns6Xs19S3ts59r1_r1De3DE11e2PeHe2H

This bg goes off the ability Windstriker. Doing extra damage to flying units. It also has two smaller sub-themes. Equipment, and range increase. Using facilitator, wish, and ancestral focus you can give reckless flight to a bunch of the enemy's champions with blindwing, then take them out easy with windstrike. Theres also voil in there with lift, and frost queen to give the enemy flying. Some small range increase with spike and keeneye crown as well to make up for lack of range.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

Why you run lance admiral sceian in split?

3. Heart

Oh shoot you are right.

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

IMO it would be better to run this deck split with KF. There's a spell called Butterfly Wings which, for 15 nora, grants any target champion Flying for 6 turns. It can be used on enemies, so it should make one-rounding very easy. KF also has access to 3(6) Windstriker champions of their own. I'd suggest going KF/ST for more Windstriker, then using Chronomancers to get Butterfly Wings off cooldown, as well as provide Haste. I feel like this strategy would be a bit more reliable than using Lift, which has quite a long cooldown and costs AP.

This is probably what I'd run: https://poxbase.com/deck/CozctiCaTCaNC1NCuwCazCuQC7nS6s19s7bs2Ls5Wr1_r30rUr47e1Me2ve2w

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Goyo likes this.
  5. Heart

Yeah it hasn't been working out very well. I'll try this out and see how it is.

6. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Have you tried using the grant flight ability from friendly champs to target opposing champs? Idk if that works but its worth a try

Goyo likes this.
  7. Heart

I have, and it works. Thats why I have Jakei Frost Queen in there. The range on it though is 3, as opposed by her high basic attack range, so it is kinda risky to move in out of her min- attack range just to put flight. You can back her back out with transporter, but its hardly worth the setup.

8. Heart

Problem with this BG is blindwing also gives gain control, which lets the enemy spend 10 nora to remove reckless flight for a turn. It also has no access to a SP unit with craft, so reseting the cooldown with facilitator doesn't do much, unless you wanna spend nora on ancestral recollection.

9. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

How about trying Occuli Slag with Grant: Flight? Hes melee/psychic alt DMG/ detection/ can split

10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

What is it like using betrayal?

11. Heart

Its good with lonx facilitator, you can steal it back with pilfer and then toss it back on.

Goyo likes this.
  12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

lol, nice

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Nice, I see you have tried almost everything I can come up with.

You can also try Three Wishes from Tundra Whisper to grant Flight (3AP 3Range).