Wings BG

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Oromiis, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Oromiis

Oromiis Member

Hey guys! I'm kinda new at Poxnora and I as wandering if anyone could send me some gryffin battlegroups I'm not really sure what kinda spells and relics i should use despite 2x hammer strike and might of the Ironfist

2. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Noone responds apparently so I'll give my oppinion.
    Full wings bgs atm arent up to date. With Griffin Perch and a few of the better wings you can make a fine bg, but I'd suggest some other dwarves or stuff to complement it.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

4. Iskandak

5. Sokolov

You are right, that one is pretty old, don't know why it showed up first in my search.

6. Iskandak

Ill post a bg tomorrow i was using before the boost change. Since then i havent rly used it

7. Sokolov

Let me know if you have any recommendations :D

8. Iskandak

Dwarven handler with boost: beast in upgrade line 2 :p
    The discussion we had before boost change we had was they were a little low on dmg. You changed them, which was nice. But now with boost not giving them a large boost. It leaves them a little behind. They basically need a support unit imo. :p

9. Iskandak

Dwarven handler: base the same

Upgrade line 1: commander and the 2 current construct based things
    Line 2: boost beast and boost construct.
    Basically you can choose what he supports.

Regal presence and commander are kind of battling it out in my mind. (in which I prefer the new commander more)

Edit: this has to do with boost giving health alrdy as well

10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Run the griffins rider at the tailwind barrage 3 build and proceed to win through deploying it.

Cause that's what wings are now apparently.

11. Iskandak

12. Sokolov

Sounds reasonable.

Re: Tailwind, it won't be in the expansion, but I am planning on reducing the effect radius from global to AE, and then reducing cost accordingly. Though I don't think it's a major part of Wings, but the change should give another option for those who like Tailwind.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What if Tailwind left a trail like Hallowed Ground and Flying champs that stand on it (including the champion that has the ability) have +1 Speed and Mobility. It fits both champs that have the abilitys kit.

14. Iskandak

I'd take out 1 hammer strike, in 1 bane blast, take obs wings with stun, and voila extra bane blast trigger. (I did this when I ran Wings anyways.)

It has very little detection this way, so unobstructed view/guard tower pretty gut. Sarghavian Herder is now more meh than Houndmaster (and he gives detection with his houds as well) but I wouldnt take them for the Boost part (beermaiden and tinkerer do a better job at buffing wings atm imo).

But I'm rambling, have you run this? I'd like to know what hurdles you found :)

15. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I've ran Sigil Wings as well. Stun on Obsidian Wings can't even compare to how much more useful and easy to land Binding Chains is. It's hard to justify taking the ability that is worse on Obsidian just because it situationally offers more AoE dmg opportunities. You gotta keep consistency in mind too.

Also, 2x Hammer Strike is just too good, you can't casually take one out, you better have a damn good reason. I used to run Rugolth's Fist instead of DMr's Earthquake and I understand why he'd prefer the AP draining AoE over Bane Blast.
    That being said, he could take out a Mine or even a RD for Bane Blast. Between 2x Amber Wing and 2x RD, his anti-range would be more than abundant. Unfortunately, I know he runs Amber with Bold and not Shroud (I personally consider the Shroud version to be better). Amber Wing is also more of a 1x rune, imo.

Btw @DMrBadguy, I advise Rugolth's Fist over Earthquake for 3 reasons:
    1) you get to put a useful equip on Amber Wing so he's safe from Shimmering Flower; he's your anti-equip, so if he's distracted by his equip he can't shatter it (THIS is the main reason for Fist);
    2) you give Amber more things to do, good on a passive champ;
    3) dwarf discount.

It's true that Earthquake has higher range in a way, so I guess it depends on whether you're using it more mid-skirmish or more to give yourself build-up time and avoid ranged counterattacks.

As far as Detection goes, I've tried both Houndmaster and Guard Tower. Houndmaster is slower and you already got 'slow' detection via Amethyst Wing. Besides, access to Invigorate 2 via Herder is very good. I prefer to deploy Guard Tower suddenly, when my opponent is quite invested in his Stealth plans. Also, extra stats ;).

16. Oromiis

Oromiis Member

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015