Wings

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Sokolov, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Anyone try Wings with the new spells?

2. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Remind me what spells and I'll have a try with them

3. Sokolov

Awhile back @Baskitkase and I had a discussion wherein he suggested the spells would be better if they were more focused and better at changing the conditions of the match at present (rather than trying to be both offensive and defensive at once, and not having a great impact on cast).

So I updated them to the following - which went live with the mid-terms:

Winged Purpose (30 Nora)
    • Description: Area Effect 3: Friendly champions with a Flight or Sigil ability heal for 10 HP and gain Tough 2 for 4 turns.
    Wings of Glory (35 Nora)
    • Description: Area Effect 3: Friendly champions with a Flight or Sigil ability gain 2 AP, +2 DMG and Swoop for 3 turns.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Those spells look really good.

5. Iskandak

These spells do look good
    I'll have a look, no guarantees tho!

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I just don't like the "Flight or Sigil" part, because flight is too wide and this just opens up split abuse possibilities. Imagine Strigs/Voils/Imps with these for example. Dang.
    Since they are pretty strong (both effects are really, really good), I think you should make just so it triggers from "Sigil" and, even then, you might want to look at which runes you want to give the benefit and the ones you really don't because they are OP by themselves.
    See, this is just the case of sleepers runes that dont present a problem yet cause there are too few players around - however, the level of OPness is big on these ones.

7. Iskandak

I was thinking this, but Sigils only makes the wings theme very predictable :p

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Predictable but very strong. I'd take that.

9. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

So just to clarify, when it says "a flight ability", does it affect abilities like arctic flight and dragonflight? Because that opens up some fun possibilities, like having 4 champs on the board with tailwind in a ST flyers/IS sigils deck.

Also, the new descriptions and spell text don't match up(not sure if those are the right terms)
    my point is that it says the old description first, then the new description(in the rune forge/checklist)

EDIT ooh or using grant flight on something like a DK, then using the spell to give it swoop!

10. Sokolov

11. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I used wings of glory, funny and strong

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Any chance Sigil abilities could proc when you deploy a champ with Flight?

JaceDragon likes this.
  13. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I support this, we need reason to run IS/ST fly deck

14. Iskandak

I dont have sufficient of a split personality to play splits.
    I'd like a few more sigils though :)

15. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Are you saying the awesome that is calming tailwinds and boon of the wind doesn't make you want to split with ST already? To be honest boon of the wind is actually fairly decent for the cost, but there wasn't a lot of other reasons to look to ST once IS got a tailwind champ of its own. On a side note if IS doesn't want or use those spells send them to ST, I'd would love to use wings of glory for some power turn potential and the heal could nicely replace the phoenix for semi cheap healing.

16. Iskandak

Wings of Glory is amazing.
    Havent used winged purpose... I run into FW with loads of inhibited too much atm :p

17. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Nice! i made a voil-wing BG, the conqueror with swoop is crazy. pulled off 4 bats from voil caverns (against some mogas, they die fast) and honestly having them all swooping made my day XD

18. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Did any good player try out Sigils since the spell changes? I picked them up to casually waste some time and I haven't been doing too well; so, I'm wondering what a successful Sigil bg would look like.

The new spells are pretty good, however. Well, Wings of Glory is really good and I'm currently running it 2x.
    Winged Purpose is less so; it's just really hard to use it when you're dealing with SO much Rabid/Inhibited. It's been nice the few times I managed to cast it.

19. Iskandak

Im not a great player but this is what I currently play at a moderate succes, lemme know if it helps.

Attached Files: