Wings

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by xplint, Mar 8, 2014.

1. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

Hey guys, im quite new and i was wondering how does a wing bg look like? or any tips on how playing them? thx.

2. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Hi, right now, I would say there is no reason to run a FF wing battlegroup.
    here it is anyway:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgpChiC10C4CgdCgfc1tCgaCtfS5Xs4Bsls7ms6Ms4-s87rHrYe2yE3i
    The gameplay would be making a range phalanx to make use of the buffs as a main win condition, this should be done by mid game because you need deploys to make it work, so deploy just the melee you'll need and the rest range. Houndmasters will help you with boost and drive, and command:charge will give your ranged units a melee attack if needed.
    The other thing you have is using the burst damage of obsidian wing to pick out champions hostile/enrage, execute + might of ironfist should be enough to kill most champions.

But I would recommend to run a split with ST to get more AP gen and beast support, the battlegroup you can make depends heavily on your budget, but it's effective for very cheap.
    example:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c24c1GC10c4CuwC26C6iCgdCgfCgas5Xs19s2Lsls5qs6Ms4Vs87r1_r30e2PE3i

4. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

Thx very much!! Gabriel your description is very useful.Ill try the split ST\IS when the game is ready

5. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

sorry if i doubled topic, thanks for this Gaby

6. ARlSTOTLE

ARlSTOTLE The King of Potatoes

Seeing the houndmaster in use makes me happy, as he's one of my all time favorite barbs. I've used him since before they even added Barb Synergy with Savage, etc. I used him BEFORE warbanners to boost the doggies hp to reasonable. Question in regards to him though, since I've been out of the loops, are you still able to stack the "Slowed" condition? Meaning, if they are hit by multiple frost traps, or a trap and some Hinder Movement hits, does it stack like it used to and take them as low as the minimum 3 Speed?

7. GabrielQ

Ussually, conditions don't stack unless they say otherwise.
    Also, the "auto" upgrades on houndmaster are command charge and throw axe.

8. ARlSTOTLE

I will never stop using my frost traps...NEVAAAAAA!!!!!

9. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Wing decks are a lot of fun. They perform the same in FF IS and IS/ST split IMO. They are all about using mobility and ap gen. 2x C wings with the retreat upgrade and 2x instill panics are a must. For support I take 2x houndmasters and 2x IS doombringer. There are a lot of efficient combos you can do with a C wing with retreat and blitz. Retreat onto a font, ranged champ, instill panic , might of iron fist to name a few.

Wings, like most everything in IS, were overly nerfed, leaving them less than the T1 theme they used to be.

10. ARlSTOTLE

Speaking of which, I noticed Doombringers aren't even in the list anymore, can't even search for them on the trader like Poly. Is there any way to get a doombringer anymore?

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Should be under Ironfist Doombringer or something like that. The doombringers were all renamed to differentiate them. Hopefully they'll do the same with Harbingers and Renovators.

12. MageDKun

MageDKun Member

What will be the ideal upgrades on the champions?

Thanks

13. Dresnar20365988

The IS doomball isn't all that great now. It was overnerfed while other doomballs were left OP.

The IS doomball got kicked in the junk ... hard. SP's doomball still gets to wreck face. IS doomball lost range down to 1-4 as well as init. SP's doom ball gets to sit back behind the really dumb 60 nora supertank mudball and range down your entire force with a gradually climbing AOE. So dumb.

14. GabrielQ

Cerulean wing: retreat and blitz or dodge
    Emerald wing: jolt and hit and run
    Griffin rider: dodge and sunder
    Houndmaster: command charge and throw axe
    Obsidian wing: execute and hostile
    Platinum wing: divert and pin down
    Scarlet wing: burn and damage
    Wild griffin: aerial supremacy and brutality, but this is up to experiment, in my opinion, it's not tanky enough for thirst.

Woffleet likes this.
  15. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

If you know how to make proper use of the sigil abilities, FF wing battlegroup is 100% viable, I would say even more than in split.

16. GabrielQ

In my opinion, ST simply adds too much to the bg.

17. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

That would be more a Beast ST/IS bg rather than a Wing bg.
    Wing bg is as viable in FF, as taking advantage of their Sigil abilities is more OP strong than u think.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  18. Dresnar20365988

I'm pretty sure referring to the sigil abilities as OP is a misuse of the abbreviation. Not saying they aren't fine and all but OP... not by a mile.

19. ARlSTOTLE

Well if we're going to be all technical and everything, then I'm pretty sure referring to OP as an abbreviation is a misuse of the "acronym." Not saying abbreviation doesn't sound fine and all, but an abbrev. it is not, in light of it's status as an acronym.

20. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would run whichever wings you like the most, x2 houndmaster, and x2 pox renovator. That beast module for wings with the added ranged support of renovator's works like a charm.