Wings

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by xplint, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

What would be the reasoning to run a Priest of Valdac over the Ivory Wing? The heal is the same, Ivory has Cleanse, PoV has Scry. Thoughts? What does Ivory need to be an include? What does Ironfist Doombringer need to be an include? I would really like something to be done in order for FF Wings to be viable. Wings are fun!

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The only heals (nonself) that really matter are Divine Favor, Transfer Life 2 and Charged Heal (when charges are easy to build), in that order.

The rest are a distant fourth.

3. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

POV is better cause of Divine heal and lower cost.

Wings need a better option in FF to move their champs around. Maybe another tailwind option? The emerald wing could be better with a higher rank of teleport attached to its sigil.

The wing spell Wings of Glory that no one uses could grant 2 ap instead of the swoop attack ability for flying champs. This would go a long way to helping out FF wing decks.

Also the revamp may sort Wings out a bit. I feel they don't have the stats other current units of similar purpose have.

4. Gaedel

For the IS/ST Wings, I have two IS Pox Renovators. Would you add them to this BG? If so, what would you remove?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Prob an Obsidian and a Platinum or Obsidian and Houndmaster (Use Wingmaster for detection). ST renos would likely fit better though and you can get rid of Wingmasters. You dont really need them for detection if you are using Houndmaster.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

7. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I would agree with GabrielQ. That bg looks pretty solid

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's p gud, but I'm not really understanding the patrol there. It's over-ranged a bit and the attractiveness of the Plat wing diminishes greatly with the inclusion of the Reno and Griffin. One great way to compensate for over-ranging is the Houndmaster, since he can grant charge.

9. Dresnar20365988

Baskitkase and Skullferno like this.
  10. Gaedel

What about the spells Calming Tailwings and Wings of Glory? Why would you not run those in a Wings deck?

11. GabrielQ

I missed this commentary somehow, the patrols are there because they are meaty and fast (like, 10 spaces first turn fast), and they would provide a good melee tank for a bg needing it, ice veil would allow also for some good draws with the other arctic champions, those were the reasons to choose it over frostwing (regular one) and wingmaster as a detection option. Houndmaster is a good option always but IS spots are tight with the request of IS renos, and while he would provide more melee punch, not as much tanking as the patrols, and melee burst damage is covered with owl raiders and obsidian.
    Platinum wings may look like a overkill from a meta standpoint, but I included them because the premise was a "wings" bg, and platinum sigil is actually the more appealing sigil to grant your champions IMO.
    I thoght that the five melee champions + the support for burst damage (ap gen and MoIF)+ bastion of mobility would be enough to compensate the overabundance of range.

12. Dresnar20365988

Calming Tailwinds gives champs 4 ap and pacified 1. Its an odd spell. Its about redeploy after an attack. While it is somewhat interesting there are much better options in Galeforce and Swap for gap closing and utility. It might be better if it cost less, even then pacified 1 really is a big drawback for a 35 nora spell.

Wings of Glory is also an odd spell. It can be good but in such an incredibly narrow situation its hardly worth an include. That and its cost is to high for what it does.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If the premise was a "Wings bg" then you're off base with patrols. The point I was making is that the BG is just kind of amateur and scattered.

Edit: @GabrielQ

14. GabrielQ

I thought it was "p' gud" but whatever, I invite you to help the OP with a professional and compact battlegroup then, I try to do my best but I understand that it may not be enough sometimes.

15. Gaedel

I see. So the strategy is to stay close enough for a Sigil to work on you as well as for Boost Beast to work. However, it does make you suseptible to AOE attacks. Griffin Rider is a nice one to have out for Bastion of Mobility and Tailwind. What would you choose for upgrades and why?

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Dodge and sunder.