Wizard of the Ways

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Cinder405, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Wizard of the Ways

82 Nora

Base Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Deflect
    Grant: Teleport

Upgrade Path 1
    -Portal (Default)
    -Relocate Relic
    -Pull

Upgrade Path 2
    -Teleport (1)

ATK:8 SPD:6 RNG: 5-6 DEF:0 HP:40

So this guy has been one of my favorite runes since he was released but is not played anymore because of nerfs that were given to him. Portal Nexus was removed from the game and then he was tapped some more when they removed Sunder from base.

At his current state he costs way too much Nora for what he brings to the table. The Vashal Enchanter costs 70 Nora and grants teleport more effeciently than The Wizard of the Ways.

I suggest the following DISCLAIMER: I don't know how much Nora stats cost so please keep in mind I'm just trying to design something worth paying 82 nora. If the final result is more than 82 Nora then of course things can be altered.

ATK:8 SPD:6 RNG:2-3 DEF:1 HP: 45

Base Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Grant: Teleport
    Logistics: Range

Upgrade Path 1
    Portal Dancer
    Magic Aura 3
    Reckless Teleport
    Upgrade Path 2
    -Teleport (1)
    -Damage Shield : Magical (3)
    -Portal Walker

What do you guys think of my suggested design? Is it OP? Is it too weak? Do you have any different ideas?

Cinder405

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

sunder/grant teleport/ portal/ huge range where my favorite things about him.

3. Cinder405

Yeah me too but I doubt we can get Sunder back on him

4. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Race: Elf, Class: Wizard, Size: Small, Rarity: Uncommon
    Nora Cost: 74-81

Champion Stats
    DAM: 6, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 3, HP: 52 (+44 nora)

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical (+2 nora)
    Grant Teleport (+6 nora)
    Portal (+4 nora)
    Teleport 2 (+10 nora)

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Portal Siphon (+3 nora)
    Relocate Relic (+4 nora)
    Portal Dancer (+5 nora)

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Portal Walker (+5 nora)
    Sunder 2 (+8 nora)
    Pull (+10 nora)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  5. Cinder405

That's a good build too

6. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Cinder405 likes this.
  7. Cinder405

Great ideas keep it coming.

We need to remove Deflect off of him. Typically it's only used once and usually doesn't servive long enough to use it again. (If you are like me and try to maintain fonts instead of back away you rub into this alot)

8. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Give him back portal nexus and delete deflect. Also give him teleport 2 and 3 as upgrade options. If he turns out too powerfull and mkes his way to meta, increase his nora cost until he is balanced.

9. EnigmaXIII

They dont like portal nexus. Its too unfair and random. You can literally just portal nexus once and win a game.
    And I loved it. It was so fun an exciting.
    Not to mention you could portal nexus your enemy when they get close to your shrine and contest a font at the same time.
    Its too bad, but its just not coming back.

10. polltroy

Its so bad. Portal nexus was the one thing that really got me hooked to the game to be honest. Maybe they could find a way to bring it back, like reduce it to just 1 in range or add more cooldown or make the guys who are portaled become groggy for one turn and not get ap. Something like that. Or make it so the teleported champs re in some semi real state for 1 turn, making them static and not contestong fonts. Then opponent hss chance to make some counter measurements to make it less random.

11. Cinder405

So they can just code font ignorance for 1 turn after the portal Nexus. How's that?

12. polltroy

Yea maybe something like that. No idea if it will be worth 85ish nora for a font ignorance random teleport but i really like to see the portal nexus come back into the game somehow.

13. EnigmaXIII

Isnt there a spell that does portal nexus? I think its IS, called converging portals. Its for 45 nora tho (LOL).

14. Cinder405

Yeah I used it today. It was a total Nora drain. It reported every champ in the AOE to the same Nora Font they were in. I surrendered...

The sad thing is it's WAI...

15. polltroy

If kf had this spell i would use it... but anyway it was more cool with wizard of the way doing the portal nexus. Ive tried both nd i prefer to do it with him even if its twice the nora.

16. polltroy

Maybe another way could be just to limit the portal nexus to either just occupied fonts (so u never can come into a neutral one), or alternatively make it work only on own and neutral fonts.