Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dagda, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

anyone else see the movie? feel like it's the best thing DC's put out since the dark knight trilogy, not that that's a particularly high bar.

there was a moment that ruined it for me though, in the credits someone is listed as a "Calvary" commander

naturally i demanded a refund

SireofSuns, Geressen and BurnPyro like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

maybe there was someone commanding calves or something?
    instead of horses?

I always liked how that word develloped from french for horses.... chevals-> chevalry -> chivalry-> cavalry

I have not seen it yet, I will avoid this thread untill I have.

3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

4. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I did appreciate the more reasonable costume she got, though I wish the colors were more vibrant. Everyone seems to have picked up the idea that ancient civilizations all had drab, dark, and generally pale dyes and paints.
    No.
    One example is the vikings, who extremely bright blues, yellows, and greens. They looked kinda dorky honestly....

5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Are you saying our fear of clowns stems from viking raids?

6. SireofSuns

Maybe....

Or maybe children just don't like freakish mutant looking things that are also loud.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  7. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

didnt like the part i saw, good thing i didnt went to the cinema for this... turned it off, felt like ive already seen it over and over

8. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I think this has more to do with the DC cinematic universe's grim dark color palette and not a statement on ancient civilizations.

Dagda likes this.
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

vikings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    not vikings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SireofSuns and OriginalG1 like this.
  10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

but the real vikings don't sell shows and games

like most history themed things

11. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I don't like your version of reality....

12. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

her colors never bothered me.

not sure if it's proper cannon but in some version of her I forget which she wears the old color solely as a way to honor the country she is going to, it was a custom, since she was in america to wear american colors.

in this movie she never goes to america nor does it have anything to do with america, so why would she be wearing American colors

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you're aware that "red, white, and blue" is the color scheme for both france and britain, among others?

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There's only 38 countries in the world with red, white, and blue flags, so of course her clothes must be in reference to the US. /s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_White_and_Blue

I'm not sure how accurate this data is, but it appears that the colors most frequently appearing on flags around the world are Red, White, and Blue, in that order.

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/xf-csts.html

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

are you guys forgetting the white stars on her crotch?

how about the eagle on her breasts at least in the classic designs

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

and nearly all of them are inspired by the Dutch flag.

ergo wonder woman is Dutch.

darklord48 likes this.
  17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I didn't remember any white stars in the Wonder Woman movie. I just looked for pictures from the movie, and didn't find any white stars in any of the pictures I found. As for the bird on her chest, it's heavily stylized. There's not enough to it to tell that it's even a bird of prey.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that's just because a lion is harder to make into a dashing piece of breastplate that still looks feminine...still Dutch

also to be fair the slavic red,white&blues were inspired by the Russian flag, which was inspired by the dutch flag so still inspired by proxy.

Wonder woman is dutch
    [​IMG]
    and can team up with just-act-normal man seen here in an older costume
    [​IMG]
    newer one:
    [​IMG]

19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

this is all the wonder woman you need

Geressen likes this.
  20. SireofSuns

Our flag is so big, it's the best. It's better than the other flags, really, I'm telling you. ;)

MaruXV likes this.