Woodland Scales Redesign

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

What about...

Woodland Scales- When a spell is cast, the caster’s Spell Presence is permanently decreased by 1 and the opposing player’s Spell Presence is permanently increased by 1.

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Better, but I still don't think it's good.

EDIT:
    actually, not sure about the permanently part. Does this mean that if they cast 5 spells and you cast no spells, they can't cast any more? Or does it just affect champs currently on the board.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I don't think Woodland Scales will be used as long as they have a dual counterspell nature that cannot be effectively benefitted from the way you can do it with Nora Pearls and Tainted Statue.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

First thing I'd establish is what we want to accomplish from the effect. Discouraging people from casting spells doesn't seem very KF, but it's what the rest of the seals are based around, so should we go with that?

Something based around spells cast in consecutive turns getting increasingly discounted or something could be cool, but, again, are we encouraging or discouraging here?

5. Elves Rule

The point of all the spellseals is to limit how much people cast spells by adding downsides to it.

Xirone likes this.
  6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yeah I know, and that's what I said. I then said that this doesn't really fit in with a lot of other KF stuff, so are we gonna stick to this direction.

I also misread @xirones suggestion and thought his version would give you + spell presence when you cast a spell, and not the other way around. Probably where my confusion came from.

7. Elves Rule

I mean it's not suited for KF, but that doesn't mean you can't make a KF deck with only 1 or 2 spells and still make it work. It's just the point of the spellseals, I think it would ruin the theme of it to have our one be different.
    That being said, a different non-spell seal relic that empowers spells in some way could be cool.