World Cup @Brasil 2014!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jun 10, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You send the guy off, then replace one of your field players with a keeper and put him in the goal.

(so you play with a legit keeper and one less player in a position of your choice

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

0-1 for germany, legit boring game

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Ussually, a field player is substituted by the coach to include the substitute goalkeeper, but if there are no changes left, he passes his gloves and different shirt to a field player. The game cannot be played without a player clearly diferentiated as a goalkeeper in each team.

4. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Neymar...

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No Neymar vs Germany?

Brazil's chances just went from 20% to none.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Bam! Belgium played like a bunch of scared amateurs (exept fellaini), and Argentina dominated from beginning to end in the roundest match of the team in the world cup yet.

7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Argentina stepped it up. Congrats. Not sure about "scared amateurs", but no denying Belgium was the inferior team today.

I thought it would be 2-1 for Belgium. And I will eat my crow uncooked. No hard feelings I hope?

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Argentina was poor, Belgium was worse.

To say that Argentina dominated, uh. The last 30 mins of the game Argentina played like a bunch of girls stalling however much they could. Ref wasn't exactly on point on a lot of calls either. Yellow for hazard but not mirallas? Heh. Also, 1min30 seconds at 90 mins gone because 2 Argentinians run into each other, too legit.

Overal a poor match, but belgium didn't deserve to win.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

loads of people say they think the Netherlands will win with 5 goals to 1 or 2 next match but I think they are just letting the location and past results go to their heads.

I havn't actually followed costa rica so no idea myself.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

costa rica looks tired... it's causing them to land on stretched legs and hurt themselves. :(

11. DarkJello

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

netherlands with the deserved win, by penalties but deserved

navas going full howard and stopping everything this game, respect

13. DarkJello

Netherlands dominated practically the entire 125-130 minutes, but could not score a goal until PK.

And then perfection. 1, 2, 3, 4. Victory for the Orange chaps.

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I enjoyed the penalty mind games the keeper did, saving a switch for the keepers was awesome too.

15. DarkJello

4 superb teams remain. Brasil will be without 2 star players, while Argentina will be without 1 star.

I don't know about the European teams. Anyone got the 411? No underdogs left. I am disappoint.

16. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

Looks like u lost, even though higuin was in the right place at the right time with a good finish. I believe Argentina played better that usual-played with more control in the midfield and provided bigger help to Messi. Idk how we can do it without Di maria when they face the Dutch but I believe that Messi will pull through. Compared to the other Argentinian games they were more cohesive and didn't relied on Messi to bail them out as often. They will be important when they are goin to their next match with the clutch calls from van Gaal.

It sucks that Neymar is out wit a back injury that will be at least 8 weeks and Silva being out also does not bold well for Brazil.

Also lets bet #2. I believe Messi will win the world cup

17. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

that free kick was insane by David Luis. Ref was super bad

DarkJello likes this.
  18. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Disagreed -- I think intimidating the opponent by talking to him before the penalty was exceedingly unsportsmanlike. The Netherlands deserved to win, but that was quite ugly.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you social butterfly, you.

20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

We have our deal; the matches are set!