World Cup @Brasil 2014!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry bud, and I like american football as much as any dude who has ever lived in the US, but there is only one sport that can be called "football": the one which is actually played with the feet.

2. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Football Soccer pre-dates American Football by at the very least a decade. The story of soccer in England is traceable well into the eight century. It is also the most popular sport in the world.

So, in general, americans should call Soccer, Football, and their stuff differently. Of course they're not going to do it, it's like the Indians thing all over again. Not that it does matter anyway.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yep.
    Also, congrats on that first win!

4. Andralexis

Nishimura's poor judgement yesterday has nothing on Clavijo's one today.
    I seriously want to see a good match between BR and MX without referees having anything to do with the result.

Can''t wait to see how this World Cup's group stage plays out.

TY.

5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Brits called it soccer or football, Americans called it soccer, THEN brits stopped calling it both. History is cool.

Americans are NOT going to call 1 sport football and the other American football. Soccer. Football. Different sports.

Also, what is up with the TERRIBLE officiating?? Croatia robbed. Mexico robbed. Will this World Cup be a joke?

I, for one, hope the refs all have 20/10 vision, integrity, and courage. Winner needs to earn it, NOT be voted the champ.

Choosing optimism for now, but I am disappointed so far.

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Call it what you want, but don't act as if it would be a more correct way.

7. DarkJello

Agreed. Minor point anyhow.

Any comment on the first 2 matches with refs trying to dominate the action??

8. Boozha

As I stated, I don't give a flying saucer of spaghetti.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

0.0 OMG that goal by the Netherlands.

10. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

^^^ that Netherlands goal is just simply amazing

11. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

I just realized that what I meant by underline and italics could be taken in a different way. I meant to poke fun about how people get mad over such things. Not that I'm saying one is call football and one is called soccer. I understand that 'soccer' IS football.... If I just made sense there....

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

GG 5-1 Netherlands. This changes the whole dynamics of the tourney. Assuming Neth wins the group stages and Spain comes in second Netherlands pretty much has a free ride to Quarters and a decent shot of making the Semis. Spain and Brazil will have to face eachother in the round of 16.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  13. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

Mexico the biggest overrated team on the planet.

14. DarkJello

You don't care if the refs change the outcome of matches??? Wow! Please clarify.

3 games down, 2 heavily influenced by refs and 1 in which the Netherlands B-slapped my Spaniards.

I am sad about the defeat, but MAJOR props to the Dutch. Glad to see a game decided by athletic prowess and uber goals.

15. DarkJello

You clearly do NOT understand what "overrated" means. Mexico was 4th in the conCACAf.

(pun intended). ;)

Enlighten as to your thought process on the matter.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Spain... lol

jokers

17. DarkJello

Your first line is confusing. And your 2nd makes you sound like a bigot, or worse.

I am 0%, to my knowledge, latino, and yet the refs screwed the pooch in today's match. Fact. Period.

Mexico will NOT win it all, so don't worry yourself further. Good day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
  18. Boozha

No, I just can't make a comment because I didn't watch the games :p

19. DarkJello

^^Understood. Thanks for clarifying sir. I just saw the highlights and "low"lights of each.

20. Andralexis

@The poor troll in this thread:
    Really? That's your best shot? In this forum?
    At least Prami had some comedic relief redeeming qualities. You gotta try much harder, pal.

- - -

What a demostration of talent Netherlands did.