World Cup @Brasil 2014!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Was talking about the fan base and not about the team ;)

- - - -

<3 Memo Ochoa <3
    <3 Brazil <3 Those guys always give Mexico a lot of concessions, even when they want the win as much as we need the tie <3

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I know some of these words... I think it is something similar to the song we have for when germany loses but applied to us? since you seem incapable of making it work in dutch I guess I'll never know :p

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Horrible game, can't believe I stopped doing nothing to watch it.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Dutch, isn't that the language you speak in Germanys hat? The one that sounds as if you had had a few drinks too many before attempting to speak some bumpkin German?

Why would I try to make a perfectly good song work in that :p

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

and here we have it, proof that the germans think hats go on sideways.

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, that Ochoa played very well. Kudos for him.
    All in all I think the game was pretty bad, at least on Brasil's part. No creativity whatsoever.
    A tie is good to calm the nerves down, though, give the players a reality check. I'm more interested to see what's gonna happen on the Chile x Spain game.

8. Andralexis

Cahill(?)'s non-existent headshot is dooming Australia, and Spain-be-damned the Aussies do not deserve to leave the World Cup. Not like this.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Netherlands were the stronger team though, Australia just got outclassed

Looking forward to the Spain game, hope they're not as bad as the first game

10. Pedeguerra

Agreed 100%.

11. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

BurnPyro likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dat spain, seriously

13. Pedeguerra

Yeah. Expected, though, it's hard to come back from such an impactating loss as it was to Netherlands, and Chile is playing good football.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Embarrassing

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

nothing you don't expect a team as experienced as Spain could recover from. True enough, Chile is playing fast and dangerous ball, but you'd expect more from the winner of the last 3 major tournaments.

Let's pray the old gods and the new shake them up during the pause, or the second half will be a disaster and it'll be the first time in (?) forever since Spain didn't make it out of groups.

16. Andralexis

4 years ago, Spain barely managed to win against Germany in the semifinals, and barely managed to win the Cup against the Netherlands.

But in Brazil, "barely" is not enough.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's not like the level is this much higher than last time, they're just incredibly poor on all accounts while their opponents are playing their A game. Spain's Y game is not enough.

Most of all, I have no idea what the Firk is going on with their setup. Casillas is terrible, away with him. Their best strikers don't see enough playtime.

18. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I learned Spanish in Spain, and I will be a loyal and proud fan no matter what... but gosh darn if they are making it challenging.

Also, I vote that the following hashtag become a thing around the globe:

#ChileConCarneFTW!!!

I don't tweet, twerk, or twang... so you folks need to make the hashtag go viral.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Busquets... wat r u doin

20. Andralexis

Do you remember South Africa 2010? During the knockup phase Spain won every match with the minimal difference, while Germany won with consistency EVERY match (4-0 to England, 4-1 to Argentina) but the semifinals... The only thing they had going for them was their incredible drive, but their actual football skills weren't as good as the second or third place (Netherlands and Germany, respectively). They won the whole thing basically thanks to some cojones and quite the good fortune (first position was for them and not for Chile thanks to a single goal, thus managing to dodge Brazil, going against a Portugal team that piggybacked on their 7-0, then Paraguay...)

Everyone expected Spain to perform better because they were World Champions. Seems everyone forgot how absurdly lucky Spain was last time.