World Cup @Brasil 2014!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Germany spends altogether too much money on football players.

2. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Loving the sarcasm :D

3. Boozha

Thats not sarcasm; we only win so much because we burn so much money on that sport :s

4. Andralexis

What? Are we talking about the same sport? Cristiano, Bale, Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar are all of them laughing at your comment then...
    Spain THROWS so much money at football players it's not even funny.

5. Boozha

Why aren't they winning then? :p

6. Andralexis

Because most of their money was spent on foreign players. It was not too long ago when the Spanish government declared each team playing in the Copa del Rey had to have a minimal amount of national players, which stopped (somewhat) their massive transfers. Yet you still had astronomic ones, like Kaká, Figo, Ibrahimovic, Ozil, Modric, Beckham... Man this is elementary stuff.

Seriously, you need to lurk more... but thanks for the laughter. Oh God my sides...

7. Boozha

... I guess?

8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Se acabo. :(

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm a germany fan, I know. It doesn't matter though, they won the EK with minimal differences each game as well. Scores don't indicate how well a team is, consistent wins do. They beat germany in the EK as well.

You don't just win 3 major tournaments back to back on luck. Germany makes a lot of goals because of their methodical playstyle with how they dismantle the opponents defense, just like when they lose they get demoralized and kinda give up.

Sure Spain might not be gods, but they're not the second rate team you're making them out to be.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Doesn't really apply on national teams though.

I mean, england has so much money but a terrible team. If money mattered with country teams half of the top countries wouldn't be 3rd world.

11. Andralexis

I never said they were second rate, back then they were among the top national teams in the world. It's just that they are not as good as half the planet used to think they were (slightly overrated still means overrated).

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Perhaps. If it makes me the best team in the world on major tourneys for so long in a row I'll gladly be overrated :D

Anyhow, I think they just really fell off lately.

• Casillas is complete wank. Had a bad season in madrid, should never have been on the starting line-up. Either he's getting old or just gotten Bane Shift. Probably both, taking 7 goals in 2 matches is poor beyond words.
    • Del Bosque's judgement was horrendous this tournament. Unwilling to adapt at all.
    • Then we have their defense being unorganised as fk without Puyol to lead them
    • Their best strikers are keeping the bench warm. So many chances and they can't even score once, it's sad.

TL;DR Several factors led to the downfall of Spain in my opinion

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I blame the reconquista.

DarkJello likes this.
  14. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

@BurnPyro : Got to agree with pretty much all of that. I'll be honest, I've never enjoyed watching Spain. Technically an amazing team, but as dull as hell to watch.

They were at there best playing without a striker, and I don't think they could adapt to having a brazilian playing as a genuine striker.

Personally, I hope that particular brand of keep ball is dead and this attacking mentality we have seen in this World Cup hangs around for a while.

15. Andralexis

Your causality is completely upside-down, isn't it?

- - - -

So long, Spain and Cameroon. Cheering for Japan and England tomorrow.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Nah if you call X overrated because X won 3 top tourneys in a row, I wouldn't mind being called overrated because it's associated with a winner

17. Andralexis

I call it overrated because everyone thought Spain was gonna do way better than, well, than what it did this Cup (after all, that's the very definition of overrated). It has nothing to do with the tournaments they won...

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh you're talking about them being overrated now?

Uhm. I guess. There was just a ton of mistakes (see previous) that had nothing to do with the pool of immense talent which is probably why people hyped them. Pretty sad to have the best players on paper and get deleted so hard.

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So, US won a game I heard. Yay.

DarkJello likes this.
  20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Talking about barely, I can barely believe this is the same uruguai from the last game. Awesome goal.