Worms Ground Zero

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Chattering maw might break the theme completely. Eye can still get good damage with logistics:flanking or soultap/hunter:soultap.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Hmm, Logistics: Flanking still gives +1 SPD, so maybe it's worth considering still.

Anyway, yes, Chattering is very good. Still not sure on optimal build.

The BZ change means that you can now run sub-40 with Init 2, or save 3 nora. Going to go 1/1 on ups.

3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Bile zombie is 1 nora cheaper.
    Eye was nerfed but is still a good range/detection option.I am currently running two builds,one soultap and other logistic and soul vitality.
    The new worm is amazing,2 autoinclude.
    worm.JPG

4. Netherzen

New version:
    worms.jpg

Carrioling(the deployable 39 nora version,not the summon),twilight creeper,reflecting creeper and blinking creeper could use the dead fairy treatment and become more useful/better designed.
    Another mention is boneshreder which can have necrosis on upgrades but has poor synergy with worms since he is a skeleton rune.
    Just thought i mention it,no need for buffs but something to keep in mind.

Lets talk upgrades a bit.
    On the new worm i run iniative and one with defeaning aura and other with sonic roar.
    Collosus has surge and torrent for maximum damage,with almost everything having necrosis,i dont need worm lord on him.
    Eye is run with necrosis and logistic,still does amazing ranged damage.Logistic is easy to trigger with blood fiends and new worms.
    Phantasmal creeper with hex and commander.
    Putrid with creeping harvest and aura.Aura works with worm lord and does good damage.
    Both rotmaws with surge,but one with shatter,other with shred defense for countering different things.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Why Goresplosion?

Also disagree with Aura/Harvest on Putrids. I think Aura has subtle dis-synergy with Harvest, and you're better off taking Scour. I'm split 1/1 on Consume/Harvest right now, because I wanted something slightly stronger and consistent to hold down the board once you do establish SDZ.

6. Netherzen

Cheap aoe(12 damage and 3-2-1 damage from dot) and some minor synergy with worms and their death.

Before,i used to keep track of how much damage aura and scour did in my games with putrid and while i dont remember the exact numbers i know aura won by far and its only 3 nora more expensive.
    You can also use aura to kill your own champion within the sdz to make sure they die inside it.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

But you're saccing a champ to do that. Are you using it on Bile Zombie or something?

8. Netherzen

Chattering maw is a good target because it will often be ignored duo to short lived and you can implode him just before his demise.It has 2 turn cooldown and costs 30 nora and would die anyway so its a perfect target.Also bloodfiends,especialy if they got locked by defeaning auras or decay.

potatonuts likes this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

These are some alright targets. Not a fan of shooting Fiends, I think Repurp would be better for those guys. Turning Maw into Bile Zombie seems ok, though.

10. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

What's the reasoning behind running so many champs? With 2 chattering maws, fiends, and bile zombies on such short CD, how often do you end up actually using all those champs?

I've been running decks with less than 15 champs since the Mulligan change, and really like how many spells it lets me use.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Chattering Maw and Biles aren't t1 plays; they're closer to spells than anything else.

12. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I always try and fit quirky types like that into a spell slot rather than a champ slot. Bile Zombie in particular is basically an AOE spell disguised as a champ.

13. Netherzen

two small worms.jpg

Carrionling could use a buff.That manual modifier on carrionling is way to much.

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

That or it could use some useful upgrades...

Would you run it if it had Acid Aura 3 and Death Nova Disease 2?

For the same cost (39 nora) you'd get a 10 aura dmg with possible disease 8 on death.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't think Carrionling needs any changes, and any changes that would make me run it would be unbelievably drastic.

16. Netherzen

No,but it would be better then what it is now.

For upgrades i would like to see vivify/iniative/reinforcment.
    Also 5 more hp and 1 speed for free.
    So basically an champion version of "summon polar ant" spell for worms.

17. kussel

kussel The King of Potatoes

Capture.PNG
    This is what i'm currently running. Worms are ridiculously good once you build up enough SDZ, just have to get to the point where you can summon maws right into the battlefield. Hard to lose when you're ahead, easy to come back from a font down as long as you build up that SDZ.
    Will probably cut pustule as i only ever use it if i have no other relics to contest

Netherzen likes this.
  18. Netherzen

You should use 2x bloodfiend because of how well he works with necrosis and potential font rushing in early game.
    There is a lot of swarm and summons currently so consider a bone staff to counter it.

Here is mine:
    worm.jpg

19. kussel

kussel The King of Potatoes

I rarely deploy my single bloodfiend atm, so i doubt another would come in handy, however maybe i'm just ignoring him too much so i'll try and play him more and see. The bone staff is a good shout, i'll fit it in, thanks
    What upgrades do you use for putrid creeper?

20. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I'd have agreed before Maw existed.