Worms Ground Zero

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

blood fiend is still literally the fastest champion in the game and it costs less than 50 nora. 100% worth the inclusion

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Acid aura and creeping harvest.
    Acid aura does great damage and will trigger worm lord.Creeping harvest is needed to expand the zone as fast as possible.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Blood Fiend provides much higher potential damage and a more lasting threat than Maw. That permanence is a big deal because worms absolutely need cheap ways to establish board presence; stagflation can be a problem otherwise, and you can't jam Maws and Biles too hard without risking stagflation, so think of Blood Fiend as a complement to Maws, not a competitor.

Not sure 100% about those upgrade choices. Putrid can potentially be the most durable and lasting worm around when he has Consume, and that's, like I said above, a big deal for worms. I also don't like Aura along with Harvest, because the combination makes positioning much more awkward. I'm split 1/1 on Scour+Harvest and Aura+Consume right now.

Netherzen likes this.
  4. Netherzen

I agree other builds are viable for putrid creeper.I just cant not take creeping harvest on him.

5. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Any thoughts on Reflecting Creeper?

6. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

I played x2 of them for a while. Mirrored combined with their healing build make them quite tanky against not heavy physical decks. However, I'm quite weird as an FW player...

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I might be coming back to the game for a bit over winter break, so expect more worms teching. Has anyone been running them in the last couple months? Any new lists or new ideas? How has Maw been panning out? I just cut 1 for a Necroweave on a hunch.

Tweek516 and guokamoli54 like this.
  8. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure how they're doing in actuality, but I have seen them being used lately a bit.

Rotmaw seems to be getting included in the Worms bgs, and looks pretty darn good right now.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Still doing edits. Blockade is a huge pain, but I am working on new tech and strategy.

Nora needed:
    Spaces needed to reach opposing shrine in current rotation:
    FW 2: 10
    FW 5: 10
    KF: 14
    UD: 15
    Snarling Tangle: 16
    Axilium: 17
    Shores: 17
    Ruins of Valdac: 17
    Grove: 17
    Nora Glades: 19
    IS Pass: 19
    Plateau: 25

So, the above numbers are the information for the BZ Necroweave OTK. The above is the number of spaces of SDZ growth that puts the opposing shrine directly in range of a Bile Zombie. On some maps, up to 4 of those spaces can be done with extra BZ AP, rather than SDZ growth. Once in range, 311 nora is the precise number required to afford the OTK on a full-HP shrine; it pays for Necroweave and 7x of the 43 nora BZs, factoring in the nora returned by grabbing the previous BZ's globes. I'm going to run a couple games with this, rather than board control, as a win-condition, and see how it goes. In theory, a sufficiently defensive posture that buys time into the mid-game should allow a worms deck to sit back and accrue enough nora to destroy the opponent.

Chattering Maw + Consume guarantees non-interactive SDZ growth at a rate of +1 SDZ every other round, at the cost of 27 nora (with Roar build).

With base shrine generation, it takes 7 turns to generate 315 nora, assuming no other nora is spent. Each font reduces the required time by 1 turn(1/6, 2/5, 3/4), until the 4th font, which does not.

If the opponent attempts to engage on the standoff, Bile Zombies can potentially be used in response in order to gain advantage on board.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    limone1981 and guokamoli54 like this.
  10. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

What are you using to consume the maws? It might be worth using reflecting creeper to consume, freeing up putrid to take creeping harvest. Growth efficiency would go up to 13 Nora for the first 3 growths.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm running 2 Putrids, one with Harvest, the other with Consume. It's not a huge part of the plan, though, because I expect that kind of super-stalled out game to be somewhat rare. People should know that letting worms continually deploy is a bad thing; they'll force interaction somehow.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm pretty excited to finally get Necroweave nerfed.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  13. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Made a couple games today,still new to the whole faction and the Worm playstyle.
    I don't run the Dusk creeper and just 3 worm Lord 1x(Colossus,Blinking and Putrid can't afford right now more)
    I should put a Mobi(when I can get it) into the bg.
    Tried also a split with Sp(my main faction) and didn't wetn well.
    I'll keep you posted about my progress with the theme

14. SireofSuns

Wai tho, it's finally useful.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Well, Sok might not nerf it -- the combo is actually sorta fair, because you need a lot of board stability to afford that many turns without spending nora; it just completes and already mostly won game. People don't like getting bombed out like that, though, so I expect complaints if it ever becomes a consistent thing.

16. SireofSuns

Eh, probably. Lame complaints are lame. I watch a lot of games, and feel like I've become very good at telling when one side has won. With Worms it's incredibly easy to tell honestly. At a certain point, you can kinda tell that they've been saving up, and if the opponent hasn't crippled them by that point, Worms win.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Magic Number is now 329, with 36 BZ, not 311, with 43 BZ. Changes to Bile Zombie were minor in terms of combo efficiency.

Working off a new list called Worms Plus, which drops some normal worms champs for non-worms to flesh out the lineup.

Bloodworm may not be playable anymore, except as a 1x in pure Worms. He still has Surge potential, but it is Surge: Enemy at +5 nora, which stinks real bad.

Eye of Serkan got a kick by losing +SPD on Logistics: Flanking, but also dropped about 4 points in nora, which helps. At 72 nora, that makes a solid ranged champ that also increases SDZ growth with Necrosis. In order to compensate for the worse stalling power of worms with their decreased damage, I am trying 1 with Soul Vitality over Necrosis, just to see how that works.

I have cut Snuff and Doom -- I don't think Snuff does enough in the deck anymore, and Doom just costs too much at 50. Doom has been replaced by second Essence Drain. Snuff has been replaced by an experimental Blinking Creeper with Dread and Unspeakable. Ideally, it can generate tempo, and make alpha-strikes by the opponent more difficult.

upload_2016-12-16_0-26-56.png

Here's the current list. I've dropped to 1 BZ for now to make space for the additional options: Afflicted Corpse, Broken Bones, 2x Afflicted Corpse, and the rando Stitched Monolith -- with Sentinel, maybe it can do something? Rest of the list stays fairly safe and standard. Going to run this for a couple games and feel it out. I have been getting enough growth playing defensively of late that I am less worried about every champ being a worm, and more concerned with creating a stable board state.

Curious to hear how others are handling the patch.

18. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

This is currently what i am playing.

Still need to add another eye in there for sure

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  19. Netherzen

I am running almost the same thing as before,focus on zone growth and being in every font and taking maximum advantage of bile zombie/maw/bloodfiend.
    worms.jpg

20. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

How have dusk/mind thief worked out for you? They have always felt kinda meh to me...